So much bloooood!
So I joined this forum after reading on conceptart the shenanigans involving not paying artists through TAD. I had a sketchbook there but I mostly lurked because something about the layout and the sheer scale of the website bothered me. I joined Crimson Daggers because to me it represents something, as people and as professionals we should all have on us - tough skin. The industry has had seismic waves rolling through it lately because the business world views us as a naive source of labor to take advantage of, but without us they wouldn't have blockbuster movies, logos, illustrations, etc, they would be literally helpless without their marketing and eye candy which is us. Crimson Daggers speaks to me in this way, the name makes me think of it as an assassins guild, and I would love to see more material or threads created about not getting screwed over and how to bitch slap parasites that refuse to pay, or how to resolve issues like that.

It's hard to believe artists have gone from being seen as having a divine gift, like during the Renaissance and before that, to being considered sweatshop laborers, this needs to change and we all have to be in it together. If I see any artist working pro bono or for an 'internship' or for crowd sourcing websites like the abomination of 99designs, I want to fucking gouge their eyes out with a spoon and throw them in a concentration camp - doing these things ruins the rest of the industry.

As for more about myself, I grew up in southern Alberta and I have a bachelors of Design, specializing in character design/illustration. I do many things, from watercolour and oil painting, to digital. I'd like to get more into sculpting with sculpy clay and exploring 3D programs such as Modo and Zbrush, for that is the future. Soon I will have a sketchbook thread up.
welcome man, glad you want to study with us. :)
Hello, nice to meet you :) I have the same sentiments about how artists are treated currently, but hope it will improve.

“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” - Carl Sagan
WIP/Sketches | FB