WestZest's Sketchbook
Hi, Welcome to my sketchbook

Here's a study I'm working on, enjoy crits welcome.

ref: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Hey man, welcome :) Study's looking good. Make sure to get some hard edges in there as well. Looking forward to seeing more!

That's kinda what I'm worried about every time I tend to do it, looks weird for some reason I tried doing it with my latest study which I'll post shortly as I knew it was a problem.

Thank you feedback, really appreciate it :)

Real Quick study for today, I tried to get harder edges without them looking weird.

Attached Files Image(s)

Small study today not too impressed with the outcome but learnt some small things that'll help me improve, possibly more later. Very busy man.

Attached Files Image(s)

Human figure and face have more hard edge and sharp turns than a lot of people realize. Don't be afraid to use 'em. Also, check out Rembrandt's self portraits for your old man study. He got those hair really nicely by contrasting strands of lit-up hair against a dark background: Just look at google image search of his self portraits.[/u]

Focus.
(05-07-2014, 06:45 AM)meat Wrote: Human figure and face have more hard edge and sharp turns than a lot of people realize. Don't be afraid to use 'em. Also, check out Rembrandt's self portraits for your old man study. He got those hair really nicely by contrasting strands of lit-up hair against a dark background: Just look at google image search of his self portraits.[/u]

Thanks man I'll definitely take a look and try those harder edges out next study, thank you for looking
Trying to find my own way to draw the male body but I keep missing certain muscles out, more study is needed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dunno what this is, not really impressed with the turn out as I've spent all day on it. I think I just did it to kill time.

Attached Files Image(s)