Hi, I'm Eric and totally new here!
Hello everyone. I'd like to introduce myself to this board. My name is Eric and I'm a big-time procrastinator when it comes to creating art on my computer. I am intrigued and very much interested in the C&D partnership program to help give me a jumpstart with Photoshop.

I realize, of course, that many will be wanting to see what type of artistic skill I possess before requesting a partnership with me, so I will be uploading some sketches of my work very soon.

Speaking of my artistic background, I have a few years of experience taking general college-level art classes like introduction to drawing, oil painting, design, life drawing courses, and artistic anatomy. In fact, my primary focus in art is artistic anatomy including drawings and paintings. That is where my real strength lies but I have a long way to go before I can be satisfied with my level of skill. That is why I would like to partner up with someone here on this site to push myself to produce a greater volume of work than I have in the past. I am probably the laziest artist that I know of and I need your support!

So hopefully, in the coming days, I will be uploading quite a few quick drawing studies in the "Sketchbook" thread on this board. Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

-Eric
Welcome Eric!

If you're looking for partners to work with we have a separate section for that.
It might also be handy to mention what timezone you're in :)

Enjoy your stay!
(03-29-2013, 05:05 PM)SpectreX Wrote: Welcome Eric!

If you're looking for partners to work with we have a separate section for that.
It might also be handy to mention what timezone you're in :)

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the welcome, SpectreX.

It's been a few days since my first post on this site and I haven't uploaded any art yet, so sorry for that. I've been a little busy lately.

Having spent a little time perusing this site I can say I'm quite impressed with it. C&D seems to have a smaller user base than other artists' message boards, but at the same time, a more dedicated group of art students who are more serious about improving and helping each other succeed. I like it already!
Hey, I was about to upload a grip of art on this message board, but I noticed that most of the photo links are broken on this site. What's up with that? One of my older posts is now showing a broken photo link as well. I'll go elsewhere if that is the case. Is it a matter of hard drive space? Maybe it's too expensive to host an art site with no advertising for one guy.
(05-04-2013, 01:07 PM)Eric Wrote: Hey, I was about to upload a grip of art on this message board, but I noticed that most of the photo links are broken on this site. What's up with that? One of my older posts is now showing a broken photo link as well. I'll go elsewhere if that is the case. Is it a matter of hard drive space? Maybe it's too expensive to host an art site with no advertising for one guy.

They only show the images when logged in. It's to conserve bandwith :)
If you were logged in where did it happen?
(05-04-2013, 07:12 PM)SpectreX Wrote: They only show the images when logged in. It's to conserve bandwith :)
If you were logged in where did it happen?

Okay, you're right. I've never seen that before. Didn't know that you could conserve bandwidth like that, of course, I don't understand the technology behind the internet very well.

Well then, I'll upload something today if I don't get too drunk!
Here's the link to art group I just joined in case anyone is interested:

http://dailyartpoop.blogspot.com/

30 minute speed paintings seven days a week.