BLOODSPORT 15- Guild of Golems!
Final illustration wip 1

Made thumbnail, going to the finish, I think I'm gonna go with the middle

dayum. will I ever finish this? :S

Some more glass studies...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here are my studies,comps and character sketches as well as the early version of the golem.

Some comp sketches. Getting closer and closer to starting the final illustration. Can't wait.

And, I did this quick study of an ice glacier, for my Golem, and maybe the background of the final illustration.

Let's bring it on home people! Amazing works. ;D

Finished my golem design, onto some comps!

[Image: Finalgolem_zps751f2889.jpg]

(04-16-2013, 12:32 AM)Concept_Sam Wrote: Dude these sketches remind me of Princess Mononoke. They are really awesome ! :)
Thanks Sam!

Some progress and studies

[Image: xIh0gna.jpg]

[Image: YXkO4ZY.jpg]
Final wip, need some crits on what people think of it

Jamesxwu - I really like it, the composition and the colours and lighting are strong. The only thing I would change is the branch she's standing on seems a bit too straight, maybe if it curves up at the ends? Just a suggestion of course. Can't wait to see it finished :)

So I've kind of come into this one a bit late, but here's my progress so far! Hopefully I can get the final of whichever I pick done in time... think I'm going with either the electrical one or the insanity one, but not sure which yet.

On a side note, I begin to see the values of doing materials studies specifically for a piece- never seen that idea before participating in the last bloodsports round, and thought I'd give it a try this time around. Really does speed things up quite a bit, and saves some headaches on colorpicking!

hot damn evereyone's work is looking super awesome so far! got a bit of a nasty cold so im moving at a snails pace, here's where im at so far

Hello everyone,

I'm always amazed to see what a franctic activity the bloodsports always bring. I only watched the first ones and maybe starting from this one I'll be joining in on a regular basis.

Here's the work I've done so far. I decided that I'll go with maybe the most unoriginal and common idea of a golem. Also, initially, I went for a old wizzard of some sort, and started with sudies for this but later during composition studies ditched it for whatever suited better.
[Image: Golems_practice_zps0f0257b3.jpg]

[Image: Golems_comps_studies_zps11f6ea9d.jpg]

[Image: Golem_01a9h6b1_zps3bead769.jpg]

Hope I'll be able to finish it and looking forward to see the finals.
Good luck everyone!
Hello guys!

Here is my update... only a few hours now... This time I'll finish! I have to!

I did some color studies from Hannes and Jamie Jones

Still.. I had many problems with my colors, now I'm feeling it, seems better. Here is were I am now

So much awesomeness here ! :D

Some of my poop stuff !

WIP

Doodles for comp'

Concepts

Only got tomorrow night to finish, this is where I'm at at the moment...

(p.s I hate her legs and haven't done her hands yet, looks like I'm doing some anatomy studies tomorrow :P)

Heres my comp and a study.

Here is almost everything or everything, I was going to post wips earlier but I just got caught up in trying to make this image as good as I could. Nice work everyone btw!

[attachment=20999]

Progress on final

Hey, here is my lazy work.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA