Confused about Blogger/tumblr/wordpress etc
Hey guys,

So I've always wondered this but haven't really found out a really good reason.

Almost every concept artist uses blogspot and only a few I've seen use tumblr, or other sites instead - Is the reason just that everyone's been using blogspot for so long that it's become the industry standard/norm now?

Or are there other reasons for why it seems to be the go to choice? I've currently got both a tumblr and blogspot blog but it's a hassle and I wanna just drop one for the other..

Hey Sam, i think its because Tumblr works more like a social network, and less than a traditional blog.
But i´ve seen lots of concept artist and illustrators who uses both.

Ah! That makes sense.
Guess I'll be able to change the way I use tumblr and keep going with blogspot then.

Thanks Eduardo!

hey,
i use both a blog and tumblr / instagram / twitter / others

Your personal blog is something that you can port at a later time to your own website. It might not seem like something important now but it can become. I love seeing artists that have both a professional website and a blog where they just enjoy art and post derpy doodles.
Tumblr can become good for exposure if grown well, thanks to the repost function but it's very impersonal in my opinion.
Instagram is a nice place to post sketches straight out of your phone or a pic of a sunset
Twitter again can grow to be very powerful as it is your "mobile voice".

Hope this helps,
C

Being on the forums and livestreams, I have learned that it's imperative that you get your art in as much places as you can. Like the above had stated, sites such as blogger; and a possibly a facebook fan page; have a more inherent concentration: those are the most popular outlets for connecting with people on an "intimate" level. There are networks such as twitter that work best for directing users to other sites (posting links to your youtube account, livestream, blogger, website, etc) and there are networks that work best if used strictly for visual content (tumblr, instagram, pinterest, etc)

Understand how to use these tools and you can greatly extend your online presence; which in hand affects your main goal: showing your art to as many people as you can.

Amazing, these are all great explanations of it. Thanks a bunch guys :)