Harbinger's House of Sausage
(05-16-2014, 12:09 AM)HarbingerofIllRepute Wrote: Aye, the Triggerpigking...

Long time no see.

BTW, sorry you had to see some of this bullshit. For whatever reason I tend to have a far more negative output when I post here, and very poor impulse control.

There will be times when I become a certified spiceboy. I get a little too latina ghetto fabulous and end up saying or doing something that people ultimately end up misinterpreting in some of the worst ways possible.

Who's fault is that?

This guy ^
Man I get ya.
Truth be told I get like that sometimes in RL, not as much on the net but you should see me when I get frustrated at a game XD.

Anyway dat...dat butt
[Image: cromartie+GLORIOUS.jpg]

(05-18-2014, 06:34 AM)Triggerpigking Wrote:
(05-16-2014, 12:09 AM)HarbingerofIllRepute Wrote: Aye, the Triggerpigking...

Long time no see.

BTW, sorry you had to see some of this bullshit. For whatever reason I tend to have a far more negative output when I post here, and very poor impulse control.

There will be times when I become a certified spiceboy. I get a little too latina ghetto fabulous and end up saying or doing something that people ultimately end up misinterpreting in some of the worst ways possible.

Who's fault is that?

This guy ^
Man I get ya.
Truth be told I get like that sometimes in RL, not as much on the net but you should see me when I get frustrated at a game XD.

Anyway dat...dat butt
[Image: cromartie+GLORIOUS.jpg]

Aye, it's been a long time.

I am absolutely humbled by the Cromartie reference, that anime sums up my highschool experience perfectly.

Here, have some morning autismo.

It might not look like much, but this is only the beginning of what I feel to be a breakthrough. Something has changed since I left.

i've never actually watched the show XD, just found the image on google.
Anyway nice paintin man, good to hear you're going through a breakthrough.

(08-22-2014, 07:07 AM)Triggerpigking Wrote: i've never actually watched the show XD, just found the image on google.
Anyway nice paintin man, good to hear you're going through a breakthrough.

You should.

It is literally the best thing. Based on what I've seen of your humor, I think you'd like it.

*COUGH-COUGH* Now that we've gotten that out of the way.

I have become a study boy. The studiest of all of the boys. Art week. Every week.

Also, a love letter to Phil Hale. I'll be doing more things that involve emulating some of his qualities. It will get better.

sir john luke derriere lol! your understanding of light and shadow is so deep very impressive you also have very good anatomy studies.

(12-30-2014, 04:29 PM)vymnis Wrote: sir john luke derriere lol! your understanding of light and shadow is so deep very impressive you also have very good anatomy studies.

Haha, I remember Sir John Luke... those were better times...

Also, thanks! Wish I felt the same about my understanding of light and shadow! I still feel like I'm winging it, along with just about everything else. Haha!

Anyway, who's ready for the boogaloo?

Nice job sticking with it, man. I get the same feeling that Im winging everything. Its fun to wing stuff though. And I checked out Phil Hale, hes pretty cool, added him to my artist bookmarks :D

Yes! the master of butts returns!
I'm not actually watching anything atm so i'll have to remember to check out Cromartie, it looks to be hilarious from what clips i've seen of it.(I watched the quiz show part)
Anyway nice work on these studies man, i'm likin them gestures, you managed to get a real good flow with them and keep alot of the anatomy intact.
And thanks for introducing me to Phil Hale, his stuff is freaky man I like it alot.

@Triggerpigking

Aye... When I saw his work, it was the first time in awhile that I felt inspired. It was like a second wind to my stagnating disposition towards art. I realized that I was stuck inside a box, I was disconnected in a lot of ways, derailed by the formalities and routine of day to day life. He showed me a way out.

As far as my gestures go, I've been looking at Vilppu for a bit. Can't help but feel as if my flow is kind of fake. I'm going to be working on that for the rest of the week, see if I can describe the gesture with as few lines as possible.

@Adam Lina

I suppose it's a part of the creative process, hating everything you do. It's the desire to push past your weaknesses and learn more about what you're looking at, winging it doesn't feel like enough and it's supposed to hurt if you truly enjoy what you're doing.

Anyway here's a gif I made to pass the time yesterday, if you've been following me anywhere else you've probably seen it already. I remember my Warcraft days quite fondly.

This isn't an image I really pushed, but I still think it's pretty hilarious and descriptive of who and what my character was.

I think I'll update more frequently from now on.

Well, this art week was something of a bust.

I generally feel better about doing poses, but this week I really wasn't feeling it.

I NEED THE FEELS MAN! *slaps bongos* * Does abstract poses all over the place*

Skippity-bee-do-be-bop-shooby-do wa!

Here is art week 3. It should be called "art compilation of random shit I didn't delete", but hey... *shrugs*

We are kicking it into high gear next week.

*pats dust off shoulders*

Still alive, brothers...

FIGHT ON!

My photostudies look like they can use some work. Gonna take it in that direction for a little and see how I can apply that to everything else.

Long time no see daggers. It's been awhile since my last visit and that warrants an explanation.

In short, I flew off the handle, spiraling drinking problems, yadda yadda.
For the past year I've been accumulating sketches in an attempt at sorting my life together before they find me in a park with a needle in my arm.

2017 has been a long year of experimentation, examination, and something of a rebirth. Along the way I've met a lot of people who have taught me the value of our work and how important to my life it really is.

I've shed my skin more times than I can count and I will likely do so many more times, but for now I am HarbingerofIllRepute/HarharMcDaddyO. I can't run away from the past, but I don't need to be stuck there.

So here's what I've been up to -

The first image is the past year, second are a few sketches I decided to do this morning. Third is what little exists of 2016.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yet another WIP in a long list of WIPs, but I feel like stuff is moving along. Cheers everyone!

Attached Files Image(s)

hey man i really like this latest piece; i mean the concept and the color and solidity is very nice... I just think what you're doing is a bit of a cop out for learning how to draw the things properly. The face is like you know, a circle and two dots, and seeing the study of the eyepatch dude i can tell your facial structure can use some work. But yes the edges and color are beautiful but that wont save it from the inherent structure/proportion issues it has. 

It seems you've taken a love for the rendering to which i can relate... I will give you a warning that it can end up wasting a lot of your time as you develop because you'll be trying to save a lackluster drawing by using paint and color to disguise the mistakes. I think you'd benefit and grow much quicker if you stopped trying to render for a good while and just focus on making solid and appealing drawings. 

If you wanna hop to painting right away, thats gonna be a problem in the long run, try to make something sell with just line or two values tops... best of luck my friend!

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]
(01-11-2018, 02:00 AM)Fedodika Wrote: hey man i really like this latest piece; i mean the concept and the color and solidity is very nice... I just think what you're doing is a bit of a cop out for learning how to draw the things properly. The face is like you know, a circle and two dots, and seeing the study of the eyepatch dude i can tell your facial structure can use some work. But yes the edges and color are beautiful but that wont save it from the inherent structure/proportion issues it has. 

It seems you've taken a love for the rendering to which i can relate... I will give you a warning that it can end up wasting a lot of your time as you develop because you'll be trying to save a lackluster drawing by using paint and color to disguise the mistakes. I think you'd benefit and grow much quicker if you stopped trying to render for a good while and just focus on making solid and appealing drawings. 

If you wanna hop to painting right away, thats gonna be a problem in the long run, try to make something sell with just line or two values tops... best of luck my friend!

I appreciate your concern, granted, the "eyepatch dude" (Snake Plissken) and what I have posted recently are two years apart (for better or worse).

You are correct though, there was no draft behind either of these pieces. My process now tends to revolve around building shapes and sculpting things out more than relying on the initial sketch, which is not a habit that I encourage at all. I've done my fair share of drawings outside of the digital medium and often times I will hearken back to them if I am struggling with something. I'll post something when I can get a proper scanner because they are fun, but phone pics don't really do them justice. But I really, really like sculpting things out and I am considering giving 3D/clay a bat. I will more than likely start posting drawings though, despite the fact that I hate sketching in just about every art software I have ever tried - as it seems like a good thing to do between pieces.

Here's a WIP for posterity. Wasn't much of a draft behind this one either, but it reveals a bit of what I tend to do when trying to build something from shapes. Not much of a clean read on the central figure and I really want something in the foreground, but I'll keep you guys updated for the fact that I want to tackle a lot of things in this one. To make it a lot more than just a monster emerging from black. Things like gossamer materials, flowing cloth, facial expressions, etc.

Goodluck right back atcha mayne and keep up the good work.

I mean this stuff you're doing looks really cool dude, i just get the feeling that maybe some things you run into are based on luck, like the face you did above is actually not bad and the female figure underneath seems solid but there is not detail. I guess i wanna see what goes on in your head like if you were to sculpt stuff absent the context of an illustration, not necessarily lines how far along you are ;)

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]