Looking for new knowledge and critique
Hey :3 As the title says, I've joined Crimson Daggers in my quest for new artistic knowledge, to have my work [honestly, bitterly] critiqued, and to chat with other artists. This site was recommended to me by shadow-wolf on DA, and so here I am. Funny how that works xD
I'm also on deviantart and mweor by the same name, those are the only online places I'm really active right now.

Some WIP stuff I've done lately, for lack of anything decent to show. Drag to address bar for full size.

[Image: spanishwaterdog_by_wanderingsketch-d62mvca.jpg]
[Image: hyena_by_wanderingsketch-d6305gb.jpg]
[Image: pandai3_by_wanderingsketch-d62b5sx.jpg]
[Image: another____wip_by_wanderingsketch-d61g258.jpg]

These are commissions or pre-make characters I've been wanting to sell. They're cliche, childish, and won't get me much respect as an artist. Basically what the community on a site like mweor is looking for. I sincerely hope I can do better some day, and though these aren't much to show, doing characters has taught me a lot about color coordination, distinct characteristics, etc. BUT I WANT TO DO BETTER.

I use SAI, a Bamboo Touch, and your average mechanical pencils and sketchbook from the nearest Wal-Mart. I've been seriously into art since I was perhaps 7, and started studying art when I was about, um, 12. Took a lot of ego-bashing to admit I needed tutorials and such, always figured I was the bestest artist in the whole wide world. NOPE.
Now I'm on the search for good art books, lessons, and online resources. I don't have any art classes available to me [though I'm always looking] so I figure I can learn all I can from books before college and then go deeper at that time. Though it all looks pretty ugly now, I'm actually way better than I was even six months ago. Always, constantly learning and seeking.

Hope I didn't screw up this whole introduction thing. See you guys around, thanks for stopping by? xD