Gabriel's Sketchbook
Starting my sketchbook thread! I'm going to post some stuff i've done lately, and go from there.

I plan on painting and studying as much as i can from now on. I couldn't quite do it before, but now that i cleared my schedule, i'll try to condition myself to some heavy training! My friends might get worried about me. I may have to put the down.

Hey :) nice way to start your sketchbook. Remember-take a break every now and then between that hard work, you will feel better,and with new look on your work you will realise your mistakes or what you need to improve.
Keep up with great work and have fun :3

CD dA FM  MaL

A photographic study! I always wonder at how different a study would be if i painted from life...? from what i've learned, the shadows probably wouldn't be pure black, for one, but i don't feel like i know enough to try and represent it like if it was from live observation. Alas there are no knights walking around here.

Also, that's a very well polished suit of armor. I don't suppose knights had that kind of time.

(04-27-2013, 08:54 PM)Toxicpanda Wrote: Hey :) nice way to start your sketchbook. Remember-take a break every now and then between that hard work, you will feel better,and with new look on your work you will realise your mistakes or what you need to improve.
Keep up with great work and have fun :3

Thanks! That's good advice :)
Characters! On lazy backgrounds. With different moods and such.

Most of these kinda bug me, but i think the bottom row is consistently better than the top one. What do you guys think?

Been a while since i posted, i'm sorry for that.

Two quick sketches. That took a long time to make. And are kinda the same thing.
Carnivorous chickens

More animal photo studies

Hands practice!

Thanks Andrew Loomis! :D

Drawing lots of butts
I just have encouragement! You are on the right track. Keep it up! And dont forget to have fun with it =D

sketchbook
Is 12% hippy
We got this!
Wingal, i will, thanks! :)

I can't seem to get what pronation and supination means exatly, among other muscle movements. Textbooks seem to assume i'm able to orient myself in space...
sketchn something so maybe i make smthing idk