Let me introduce myself
My name is James, I'm 21 and as far back as I can remember I've had a decent artistic ability. But my regret is that I never really took drawing and painting seriously until fairly recently. I never really practiced, but I never struggled with drawing or painting. I finally realized that I want to become a Concept artist for games, and I now practice drawing and or digital painting everyday. which I've been doing for the past 2 maybe 3 months, and I'm seeing a lot of improvement.

I also forgot to mention I'm at university studying Computer Game Art, I've almost finished my foundation year. I was recommended this site by a fellow artist on my course. in about 3 years I'm wanting to have a decent portfolio prepared to show a concept artist who works at the game company Sumo Digital, who I met through voluntary work I did for them.

I'll try to post my art regularly as I'm wanting lots of advice so I can improve a lot.
Welcome to Crimson Daggers! If you follow the study mentality of many people in this group you will definitely have a portfolio ready at the end of the three year period! :) Looking forward to seeing your work!

:) Thank you
You seem to be quite confident . Not that everyone has to be mentally depressive to be good :D
(05-09-2013, 10:51 AM)Tim M. Keil Wrote: You seem to be quite confident . Not that everyone has to be mentally depressive to be good :D

I guess I am, I didn't used to be. But I'm not arrogant, I just know the direction I want to head. I need to improve a hell of a lot.
Yeah, being humble and confident is not a contradiction. keep pushing james. short link to a gallery ?
(07-11-2013, 10:21 PM)Tim M. Keil Wrote: Yeah, being humble and confident is not a contradiction. keep pushing james. short link to a gallery ?

Hmm I'll have to put some things into a sketchbook (on the site)

Here's a link to my deviant art account http://jimbo181.deviantart.com/gallery/
Welcome to Daggers :D :)

I hope you enjoy it here. I've learned so much in the very short time I've been here. So hope this is helpful to you too :)

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage