Bloodsports #5 - Totoroooo
Hey guys,

Decided it's about time to join the fun. I've started with the studies and initial sketches for Totoro.

At the moment i'm still just figuring out Totoro's anatomy, i've analyzed some of his features and my version is going to have some rabbit / penguin features, with owl eyes, cloth claws, etc. Just trying to make it work in a realistic fashion and trying to imagine Totoro as a real animal.

Here's some studies and a totoro sketch:

[Image: bloodsports_earlystudies.jpg]
_
[Image: totoro_wip1.jpg]
Very interesting choices of study, it looks great so far though, I think you found something spot on for his claws =)
for the day 2 its looking great dude!
Rotototo
thank you guys, here's some more studies, going for the little girl:
[Image: facestudies.jpg]

Amazing work already ;)
Looking fantastic so far :)

Hey dude, lookin good, bring it on with some composition sketches. : D Don't forget to add some houses, remember? Everybody loves your houses.. : D
That Totoro is looking great!
Totoro is looking good and I like the girl studies too.

Hey guys,
thanks very much for the nice comments!
Here's some more stuff from the livestreams, did some early composition sketches [they're all terrible but 2 and 3 might be slightly ok] and some color studies for my hopefully rainy piece:

[Image: early_comps.jpg]
_
[Image: lands.jpg]

pumping stuff out like a madman. good stuff cris, keep it up!

loving those city studies
It's not rly a part of the story, but it would look great to see Totoro at a bus station in a rainy city with reflecting lights everywhere...
hey everyone,
thanks for the great replies, here's a study i did tonight to warm up my hands, it's freezing in my house. went really fast with it. will use eyes and part of the plumage for totoro. Settled on a composition, currently gathering references for what i need and i'll be posting updates from the final soon!
[Image: owlwlwlw.jpg]

Damn your fucking amazing. I love the colour study and your looseness in painting
Can't wait for more, Christian! The design of the totoro is mega sweet, like a real creature :)
Which composition are you going for? I swear it's warmer in my freezer than it is in my flat, need me some Wacom-enhancing gloves.
more!!! haha i love the approach to totoro!

"When we first meet people we see shallows, there after fathoms"
Website
Livestream
Blog