Zachary McLean's Finished Work
(12-06-2013, 01:35 PM)Tygerson Wrote: Such rich and beautiful color in that shipwreck image, and the ironic name of the ship is a nice touch.

"Alone" is really pretty. The oranges add just enough heat to the cool image.

Also, how did you discover digital art and build such technical skill so young?

Thank you. I guess that I learnt to analyze and easily notice things in a painting or photo, that didn't look right. At a young age I began to not just do the art, but seriously take into account what made a painting or concept look awkward, and so I tried to resolve those problems. My very first digital painting (when I was 12) had actually a pretty decent comp, colors, and lighting, etc, but that is primarily, because I was all along analyzing other's art. This allowed me to used what I learnt in my own work. I don't know if that answers your question, but thanks again!

New acrylics for 2014. Crit and comment, please! Thanks.

"Just Above Sea Level" - Acrylic on Canvas - 36" x 24" Price: $1100
[Image: 8077761_orig.jpg]

"Frozen River" - Acrylic on Canvas - 20" x 16" Price: $600
[Image: 3620177_orig.jpg]

Japanese Moon Gazers

[Image: 191867_orig.jpg?838]

I love your art. Your landscapes are beautiful and just transport me somewhere magical. Please keep painting digitally!

Wow, can't say anything, 16 yo and already draw like this. Freakin amazing. I like "Victor" and "Japanese Moon Gazers" the best. I myself am weak in drawing landscape like this so I kind of envy your skill and at such young age. Keep it up, I believe you will become some amazing artist in few years