Greetings
Hello my name is Stewart, I am 29 years old, about two months ago I decided to try to create a board game that has been floating around in my head for a while. As I researched it I found out how much the art for a game would cost, so then I decided to do the art myself….let me just say that before that I had no experience in art at all, I never took art in high school or college never really drew anything but stick figures before…so I went out a bought a Wacom tablet that came with some illustration software… what I found out is that it is not very easy, but I also found out I really enjoy drawing.
I have come to the realization that I will most likely have to put my game on hold until I have developed my skills to a higher level. I stumbled upon this site while I was scouring the internet looking for instructions on drawing.
At this point I think I need to develop a foundation as far as perspective and proportion go. I really need to learn the basics. So if anyone can direct me to a good place for a very beginning artist it would be greatly appreciated.
Here is a link to my sketchbook, almost everything is concept art for my board game.
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3030.html