Impressionistic paintings
Hi,

I was just wondering, does anybody know any good impressionist paintings? im really interested in the style, any artists, key paintings new works etc i would love to see them.

muchas amoras.[/align]
I´m not particularly a fan of Impressionism, but i like Claude Monet.

thnx yea i checked out some monet pics :).
I love impressionistic painters. I think it's a lot harder to pull off than the more tightly rendered stuff. I like anything Renoir where there is water or flowers involved. Monet is the bomb in general, Degas has lots of ballerina figure images which are his "calling cards". Alfred Sisley's landscapes are pretty cool. Joaquin Sorolla has some awesome beach themed paintings, the ones of kids on the beach in particular I really love.
The one thing I highly recommend though, is if you get the chance, go see these paintings in person. You won't regret it. That is how you really gain an appreciation for their genius. I have seen Monets and Sisleys in person and they absolutely blew me away with their vitality of light and life. Photos on the internet do not do them justice.

In terms of contemporaries I haven't really explored, but I came across a digital artist called Marta Nael, on deviantart and she does some awesome impressionistic styled digital pieces. Really worth a look.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
wow thnx monkeybread! marta nael is sick.

Found another couple of amazing modern impressionists.

Tibor Nagy - wow this guy and the way he uses square brushes blows me away

Jeremy mann - undisputed master. have to check out.
If we are talking about contemporary impressionist artists, then i think the emperor is Craig Mullins haha. Even if his work is more concept art oriented.

yep love it. lol
(05-10-2013, 06:55 PM)YOLOLEX Wrote: Tibor Nagy - wow this guy and the way he uses square brushes blows me away
Jeremy mann - undisputed master. have to check out.

Damn...those are sick!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Leonid Afremov is pretty trendy nowadays. He's pretty cool. Russian artists are all so good!