Blood Sports Challenge!!!
Shocked 
Hi there!

As you see by the title, I'll be doing a Blood Sports challenge.
(Its always hard to think about things to study and what to illustrate)
But what better to do is use topics already created.

(Anybody that's new is welcome to join me.)(this might talk a year or 2, haha)

So what are the goals.
-First things first, START at Bloodsports Number 1!!!
-Do 3 separate illustrations with the theme (except for BS 12, that's 3+ anyway).
-Do studies for each piece.
-Try to vary as much with each piece to get a wide spectrum of studies
and use a different color palette or tone for each piece.

-If the illustration has human figures in them, there must be at least 1 female and
male out of the 3 pieces, just to make sure we get practice with both genders and it
be pretty bad if you only have male characters in your portfolio.

-We will still want to compete in current Bloodsports, so when there is a new BS, do the one
to at least enter and then rules are rules, do 2 extra illustration, before you can go back
and keep doing the old BS challenges.

-Challenges like wind walker and spirited away, maybe we can do the challenge and choose another game and anime movie's cover to redo and do it good. ( So there is still at least some freedom and we can still make our own rules and stuff, or even share ideas and we can do the same themes.)

-We are here to improve and create strong portfolio pieces and like Dan and Dave said, these challenges were created as industry jobs, so by doing them can only help and prepare us for the future.

NOTE: I am currently married and have a full time job, so I have almost only 2 to 3 hours a day to illustrate and maybe 10 + hours on weekends, so I am pretty much limited on time, but I must do the most with that time, and I feel doing the bloodsports challenges are time well spent.

Thanks for reading.
Wish me luck!

This sounds interesting :)
Do you have a deadline for each? Seeing as the regular is 3 weeks and you're going to do them x3 is gonna be rough.

I'm willing to have a go at it but keep in mind:
- I do traditional work
- I'm still studying somewhere at the beginning.
- Not married but living together with girlfriend and we have a kid (11 months old) but I think I can make the same time available as you :)

Good luck!
(06-06-2013, 01:12 AM)SpectreX Wrote: This sounds interesting :)
Do you have a deadline for each? Seeing as the regular is 3 weeks and you're going to do them x3 is gonna be rough.

I'm willing to have a go at it but keep in mind:
- I do traditional work
- I'm still studying somewhere at the beginning.
- Not married but living together with girlfriend and we have a kid (11 months old) but I think I can make the same time available as you :)

Good luck!

Good stuff man.
Yeah I don't have any deadlines, because we both have limited time to commit to this, so it will be done when its done, seeing that we have other responsibilities. If you have a kid, then I would say its almost like your married and more, hehe.

But I will just do it as fast as I possibly can. And move on to the next and improve as fast as possible, fast as possible is probably a few years worth of working my ass off on this. but if its the thing we want to do someday then its worth it.

K, sounds good.

Shall we make a study/group thread for it? Where we can post our progress?

Yea, marriage is just a step away :)
We're looking around for a house so, at the moment we have a flat.
(06-06-2013, 07:45 PM)SpectreX Wrote: K, sounds good.

Shall we make a study/group thread for it? Where we can post our progress?

Yea, marriage is just a step away :)
We're looking around for a house so, at the moment we have a flat.

Yeah sure, I will probably have time to make one this weekend, will let you know when its up, and then I will also be posting some of the studies I have done.

Sounds good :)
I'm not yet at it anyway :)
(06-06-2013, 11:48 PM)SpectreX Wrote: Sounds good :)
I'm not yet at it anyway :)

Hey man, we are up and running at the groups section LINK
I posted some studies and what I want to do with the 3 pieces and some WIP studies.
Hope to see you post soon.
Cheers.