Bloodsports #5 - Howl's Moving Castle
Supposed to be a cross and diamond shaped composition :)

[Image: howls-comp.jpg]

It's a nice composition, unsure about who the characters are though I'm sure you know.

I say either sketch out a few more compositions if you aren't really satisfied, otherwise just start to define form.

Looking good!

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
Yeah I did quite a few thumbnails before settling on this one, I've changed things a little bit since. Here's is where I'm at now.

[Image: howls-comp2.jpg]

awe man ! you worked in the planes im trying to figure that out right now but htis is lookin good man

"When we first meet people we see shallows, there after fathoms"
Website
Livestream
Blog
nice comp!! i really want to see the finish work
The bottom half has a sweet look to it, but the top half I'm not feeling. Usually when you see a movie poster you'll next to never see a red sky. In this case I think it's really setting a different mood than you may want.

Just my 2 cents.

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
I'm not too into all the red myself, but it's a scene from the movie with battleships against a red sky. I've tried to break it up a bit, the characters behind Howl and Sophie are the witch and those blob men, they're gonna have blue under lighting. Did a really quick sky study too.

[Image: red-cloud-study.jpg]

[Image: howls-comp3.jpg]

oh my its getting fancy!!!! lol cant wait for the finished product!! one of my favs so far!

"When we first meet people we see shallows, there after fathoms"
Website
Livestream
Blog