Bloodsport #5 princess mononoke
hey dudes this is one of my ideas for the princess mononoke remarketed triying to learn some comp and i do this one with the cross composition

[Image: finalsketches.jpg]
my final 3 comps sketches..maybe haha mononoke has weird eyes LOL!
Nice work on this comp, I'd advise to avoid cutting the trees off where they hit the horizontal middle because it makes it very busy at the bottom and then everything just stops half way. Maybe have the trees come up higher than it's head? Or lower if you wanted the top to just be his antlers. Look forward to seeing more!
yeah i was thinking about doing the trees at same level of the horns but i wasn't sure i really need to do more comps D:
Nice, the simetricallity reminds me of Alex Grey. If you can block out the new agey overtones he's awesome! He did some Tool album covers. likes to paint the spirit like a jewel, not a bad direction to go in...
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=alex+gr...68&bih=928

(01-31-2012, 08:44 AM)Sprayah Wrote: Nice, the simetricallity reminds me of Alex Grey. If you can block out the new agey overtones he's awesome! He did some Tool album covers. likes to paint the spirit like a jewel, not a bad direction to go in...
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=alex+gr...68&bih=928

really? yeah i'm fan of alex grey probably unconsciously i do something equal haha
The second comp looks great!

It would look so much cooler if the animals were at the bottom and the heads were at the top, with the middle character towering over the other two at the top of the diamond composition guide.

Also having the two next to her with their backs facing hers will help with the diamond flow, like semi-over the shoulder poses.

Having the animals at the bottom also means you can add some front legs coming down and bending at the knees to follow the bottom sides of the diamond.

More!
(02-02-2012, 05:10 AM)RachelCham Wrote: The second comp looks great!

It would look so much cooler if the animals were at the bottom and the heads were at the top, with the middle character towering over the other two at the top of the diamond composition guide.

Also having the two next to her with their backs facing hers will help with the diamond flow, like semi-over the shoulder poses.

Having the animals at the bottom also means you can add some front legs coming down and bending at the knees to follow the bottom sides of the diamond.

More!

ohhhh !! nice idea!
it's doneee tell me what you think its on the first post : P

Hey Benjah, I gotta say, loving the 1st one most, nice simple silhouettes design, cool to see it go further!
(02-02-2012, 03:02 PM)Benjah Wrote:
(02-02-2012, 05:10 AM)RachelCham Wrote: The second comp looks great!

More!

ohhhh !! nice idea!
it's doneee tell me what you think its on the first post : P

Nice one! Looks a lot better. Try and match the size of the animals with the same amount of space as the characters, will help balance it out, looking a bit top heavy. (: