YELLO
Hi! My name is Pam, and I'm 18 and a linguistics/anthropology student at SDSU. I stumbled upon this forum purely by accident, and it's the type of art community I've been looking for for a pretty long while. I've only been taking art seriously in the past...five or six months or so, and that mostly consisted of bumbling through Pixelovely's figure drawing tool and starting on some extremely rough concept work for a setting for a story that I would like to eventually turn into a series of graphic novels.

My main goal, I think, would be to improve on digital painting/digital art in general. Also get
better at character/costume design, environments, creature design, and sequential art.

I don't have a Designated Professional Art Tumblr/Website™, but I post sketches and artwork on my main blog under an art tag.

In addition, here are some sketches I am particularly proud of at the moment (links) :

one
two
three(old)
four(also old)

All of these are ballpoint pen, so forgive the messiness.
Hey there and welcome to le Daggers, Pam!

Wow, I checked out your work - and I'm impressed!
Everything you've listed you'd like to get better with are definitely in here once you get to snooping around in the sub-forums.
But to start off - this http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3.html <
had helped me out tremendously as I began on CD, I hope you're able to get something out of it too!

Enjoy your stay and keep studyin'! :)

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
(06-27-2013, 08:50 AM)smrrfette Wrote: Hey there and welcome to le Daggers, Pam!

Wow, I checked out your work - and I'm impressed!
Everything you've listed you'd like to get better with are definitely in here once you get to snooping around in the sub-forums.
But to start off - this http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3.html <
had helped me out tremendously as I began on CD, I hope you're able to get something out of it too!

Enjoy your stay and keep studyin'! :)

Thank you for the kind words and the links! I really look forward to hanging out more on this forum c: