New BloodSport Comp Question..?
In Dan's requirements he states that it must nit be in anime style. Does this rule out all cartoon/animation style? example Shrek, finding nemo etc..?

like cartoon feel characters with a semi realistic render.. is that cool?

If anyone could help me out here that would be awesome!
Thanks

I belive you can use whatever style you like as long as it isn't Anime.
It is a vague distinction. Anime is influenced by western cartoons so I would avoid a cartoony/ Disney take also just to be safe... Don't provoke the wrath of the dreadded davedan :-)

(01-31-2012, 08:20 AM)Sprayah Wrote: It is a vague distinction. Anime is influenced by western cartoons so I would avoid a cartoony/ Disney take also just to be safe... Don't provoke the wrath of the dreadded davedan :-)

True that!
I believe they said it could cater to a younger audience like you can make it cuter.. so I think pixar-ish look is ok. The thing to avoid is the big eyed cell shaded flat colors type in anime. :)
Pkmike is doing a cartoony style, it's fine.
I agree completely ! To me , Anime(s) are like "manga" to animation or shows like dragon ball z, naruto , bleach, etc. 2D noses big eyes andspikey hair! Goulish things that u can poke an eye out on. But yeah! I think its just the Goal of "remarketing" the product for another audience. I'm having difficulty right now on mine because im attempting a realistic but comic book ish style. Much like "young justice" or avengers earth's mightiest heroes. :D

"When we first meet people we see shallows, there after fathoms"
Website
Livestream
Blog
(02-07-2012, 02:08 PM)joerdenleigh Wrote: I agree completely ! To me , Anime(s) are like "manga" to animation or shows like dragon ball z, naruto , bleach, etc. 2D noses big eyes andspikey hair! Goulish things that u can poke an eye out on. But yeah! I think its just the Goal of "remarketing" the product for another audience. I'm having difficulty right now on mine because im attempting a realistic but comic book ish style. Much like "young justice" or avengers earth's mightiest heroes. :D

Interesting choice of style. If it's done right It can look extremly good! But be sure to insert some of your own "style" also. :) Can't wait to see the final result.