MarcSteinmann's stuggles
Hi fellow Daggers. I decided to start a sketchbook with all my studies and hopefully quick progress.

I definitely have to start doing more studies of everything, my portraits, anatomy, landscapes, basically everything sucks, not to mention color and lighting and I need to work on them now and just do it, so this is my sketchbook to keep me focused and to improve.

This is what I'm planning my schedule is going to be, it will probably change and I will still work on the same stuff in the other study times but here it is.

Mornings: 05:00AM - 07:00AM (Roughly 2 Hours +) Portrait Studies.
Lunch Break: 12:40PM - 13:15PM (a solid 30minutes +) Figure Studies (figures, hand, feet).
Night: anywhere from 18:00PM - 23:00PM (Hopefully 2 Hours +) Landscapes/Environments/Animals.

Weekends: Everything I can Squeeze in!!!! (maybe personal work) lol everything is personal work idiot! :)

So Yeah like I said, my portraits need a lot of work and here are the first 3 I have done so far in the last 2 days. I didn't really want to post the first to because they suck and I feel embarrassed about them. But I figured, what the heck, got to show I suck right.

Still have to work on getting the likeness and all that junk, so I'm really focusing on the forms as simple shapes and just try and copy those forms. Haha easier said than done right.

1:Luke (lame) 2: Leia (even worse) and 3:Hugh Jackman (came out better, not that that means anything, haha)

Hey Marc!

Great to see you've started up a sb ^^
Keep up the studies and hard work, you'll get there!
I'm sure of it ;)
(06-30-2013, 09:54 PM)SpectreX Wrote: Hey Marc!

Great to see you've started up a sb ^^
Keep up the studies and hard work, you'll get there!
I'm sure of it ;)

Hey SpectreX

Thanks.

Yeah!!! Hopefully I can update every few days, or once a week with hopefully a big chunk of work to show.

Here are some thumbnails of a sorceress shooting a beam into a black sky destroying the black clouds. Did some thumbs, hopefully you guys can help me out on choosing one or two to work on some more, will really appreciate your comments. And if not. Then I will have to do that, hehe. I have not been able to do any other work the last month with a typography job I got to do, and some vacation time I had last week, but I'm back to normal schedule, so I will hopefully be able to do some painting and stuff, and keep improving. Will be updating a lot. Cheers.

Have been really busy with a job I got and very busy with my day job lately, but that's no excuse! At least I'm back in action and pumped. Here is just a piece I've been working on for like forever. That is what the thumbnails above transformed into, haha. Hope you like it, really ready to pump out the paintings, and studies and improve as quick as possible. Comments and crits are welcome, although, I'm not really happy with the piece myself, but ow well, its kind of finished, and now I can move on, hehe. Peace!!!!