23 and 1/2 hours: "What is the single best thing we can do for our health"
Exclamation 
Didn't see this to be posted before :p

For anyone who still isn't convinced enough about necessity of exercising!

They will soon discover water is good for our health, brilliant.
(07-05-2013, 05:51 PM)topliner Wrote: They will soon discover water is good for our health, brilliant.

Aww don't be so negative, a lot of people just sit whole day in front of computer/TV and wonder why whole body hurting them. Everybody around you intentionally exercise at least half hour a day ?
I didn't, and this video convinced me to change my habits.

So have you been doing this for the past 4 years? What's it like?

Focus.
Hey @Meat, I've been doing it for almost all my life. Consciously, I've been doing it since about 14, can't say for sure about earlier timeframe, but I walked and skied and rode bicycle a lot as a kid.

Sometimes I had breaks up to maybe 2 months, but whenever it happens, I feel much less energy overall, physically and mentally, and more prone to illnesses such as flu and so on.

Right now it's really about half an hour almost every day for me, nothing hardcore. It's not that I read something that changed my life, it's just a need of my body which I feel pretty clearly, although a lot of people that I know seem to feel quite well without working out. Except for the elderly people. The ones who move look much better.

Note: I didn't watch the video attached.

(03-06-2017, 01:22 AM)neopatogen Wrote: Hey @Meat, I've been doing it for almost all my life. Consciously, I've been doing  it since about 14, can't say for sure about earlier timeframe, but I walked and skied and rode bicycle a lot as a kid.

Sometimes I had breaks up to maybe 2 months, but whenever it happens, I feel much less energy overall, physically and mentally, and more prone to illnesses such as flu and so on.

Right now it's really about half an hour almost every day for me, nothing hardcore. It's not that I read something that changed my life, it's just a need of my body which I feel pretty clearly, although a lot of  people that I know seem to feel quite well without working out. Except for the elderly people. The ones who move look much better.

Note: I didn't watch the video attached.

Hey Neo! Sounds like you built a good habit unintentionally from a young age :) For you who have grown up used to exercising, it's not life changing to exercise 30min a day, but for me who have grown up mostly going from chair to chair, from classroom to home room, it seems a life changing routine to maintain. The worst obstacle is fear of being seen outside. It's as if I'm walking around with big, overhead, flashing neon sign saying "UNEMPLOYED SCUM OF SOCIETY" for everyone in this crowded neighborhood to see. Second obstacle is waking up early enough to beat the crowd O_O|||

Focus.
@meat I would suggest that you read to the book The compound Effect by Darren Hardy.I listened to it free here  https://soundcloud.com/larry-amos-jr/set...e-compound 
A real good guide on building habits in small steps and getting rid of the bad ones. A book can't do the work for us, but it can help.
Btw I chose not to build  the habit of weekly zoo sketching that we discussed earlier, which might be wrong  or not, but am working on other ones atm.