BS#5- Totoro + Chihiro
So, this is the final version of my Totoro pic. Any suggestion, crits, etc? It's very apreciated! =)
[Image: totoro2.jpg]

@Benjah Haha far away to be a pixar's movie, but many thanks! =D
@RachelCham Thanks! =D Yup, added some drops and more rain!
@Jasielski Thank you! I liked the other comps, but it don't have the feeling I wanted to give, so I worked on this one. Thanks for the suggestions!
I really ( I mean REALLY) like Your illustraton, so I let myself do a quick paintover.
I adjusted few thing - saturation and shadows on the skirt, to pop her more and make it more cartoony in a pixar style. Highlights - her skin, shoes, umbrella and monster's teeth, mouth and nose. Colors - a little more warm in the center and a bit more cool towards borders. I also added light inside the umbrella, since it's coming from above.

I hope You like it

NOTE: I don't have a very good monitor at the moment so I may be oversaturating things a little.

[Image: totoro.jpg]
Looking sweet!!!
@Jasielski Thanks a lot! Your suggestions were very useful. Yes, in my monitor your picture looks very saturated, but I got the idea. The center have warmer colors now and cooler for the bords. Thanks again for the help! x)
@PS Zant Yay! Thank you!

More suggestion? This is how it looks now:

[Image: totoro3.jpg]
really awesome!
:O! awesome dude love the little details you push in your artwork
First glance at your most recent ones it looks definitely like a western cartoon!

"When we first meet people we see shallows, there after fathoms"
Website
Livestream
Blog
Looks amazing, man! Great work on this.

muito bom! awwwesome : D
This is turning out fantastic. Keep it up!!

www.jameszapata.com

Livestream screenname: jamesface
This turned out brill! thumbs up!
Very nice image :)

check the foreshortening and anatomy of her arms. mainly the left one (viewer perspective)
They are throwing the whole image off for me, bc she is the focal. they appear oversized and stunted.
-push the wetness of the enviro too. remember how wet it is in the film during these moments? the puddles, the sounds of rain... not feeling that in this just yet

hope this helps!
Thanks a lot, guys <3 Glad you like!
@Cairn Thanks a lot! Ugh, the arms! I must change it soon, I can's stop staring at it now haha. I'll fix the envirorment too =)
sweet job-LOVE it!!!
really nice good luck!!
Congrats Zaphk!

The last nitpick I could make, is for You to compare your final to my paintover focusing on the girl and her nearest surroundings in terms of value. Your doesn't stand out from the environment enough to fit the focal point reqirements.

Just to make it clear, I'm not saying this to sound smart. I just want to help You as much as I can.
I'm looking forward to seeing your future pieces! Keep it up!