Beardley's Intro
Hey daggers :)

My name is Patrick, some call me Pat or if you want you can call me Beardley. Im 17 and I've been arting for about a year and a half now. I'm starting my second year in fine arts here in montreal, though my dream is to become a concept artist someday. I've been teaching myself about illustration and concept art for a few months, mostly through wonderful people who share their techniques online like Dave Rapoza, Feng zhu and more, but also through books.

I've been a big fan of the study mentality that this community lives on for a real long time now, and since I've adopted a more regular pattern of study in march or so I've seen improvement in leaps and bounds compared to previously. Here's my DA, where you can see what I'm talking about. I started doing the study->apply study method after the birthday hippo. I've still got lots to improve on but I feel like I'm improving steadily

This is my first post here although I've been following Daves and Dans streams and their stuff for a while now. I don't get many opportunities to get feedback from illustrators so I figured it would be time to get in touch with some :D.

I look forward to posting future works and seeing you guys's stuff!

Whaddup Pat! Welcome to the daggers :)

You will definitely achieve your dreams if you keep up the hard work and never give up - even when life throws fecal matter at you!

Your gallery looks fantastic, I look forward to checking out more of your work and watching you grooooowww!

:D

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Thank you very much ! Its my personal philosophy that confidence and passion can get you anywhere in life, its just sometimes hidden behind fecal matter ;p

I will be making a sketchbook post later this week, with the studies I've done over the past few months. I was going to do it tonight but didn't realize how much work it was lol and my hand kinda hurts right now so I'll give it a break :)

I'm really digging your studies. I loooove seeing artists who work hard and this place is just teeming with them. I look forward to watching you grow as well :D