How do from the UK...
Hi all,

My name's Dan and I'm a 32 year old graphic designer from the sunny UK. Hope everyone is good. I'll try and keep it brief!

As far as my art story goes, I always drew ever since I can remember and got pretty good at it when I was young. I was always 'the guy who draws', which I guess I got from my Dad who is an architect and painter. I went to art college and got my degree in Graphic Design with animation, but then I entered the real world and literally stopped drawing for over ten years whilst I worked and fell into music, relationships and being in bands. You know how it goes.

One day I was browsing the net at work, bored as usual, when I came across conceptart.com and by extension the work of a certain Mr. Djurdjevic, which totally blew me away. So I started getting into the whole CA community, art blogs, CGHub etc., discovered a whole world of inspiration and killer artists who inspired me to pick up my pencils again. Only one problem - I realised that I kind of sucked at the fundamentals, and drawing cartoons of Garfield had only gotten me so far when I was a kid. So my journey began (again).

I know it sounds stupid, but up until recently I felt that 32 was 'too late' to start learning the fundamentals for a whole new career in art. I guess it's daunting when you see so many incredible artists out there who are barely into their twenties. Then I realised that I was being stupid, and I just want to make art because I love it and I want to get better at it. The career is the goal, but the whole 'getting better' thing is what I'm most excited by. I try every day to not compare myself to others and just worry about my own progress. Hopefully some people here will know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for reading, I'm off to make my sketchbook on here. And cheers to Dave and Dan for creating such an awesome community \m/

Hey Dan! Welcome to the daggers!

You're on the right track mentally, I'll tell you that! A positive attitude is key in this journey ~ especially when nothing's going your way.

You're never too old to start studying art! I'm really glad you realised that and you're here to kick some serious ass!

I checked out your dA and daaaaaaaaaaaaaayum, you've already got serious skill!
I look forward to checking out your sketchbook, ^^

I hope you enjoy your stay and dive into the community!!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Hi Steph, and thanks for the kind words! I just checked out your sketchbook and whoa, the improvement from page 1 to your latest stuff is incredible - really inspiring! I really like your self portrait and am now following you over on dA too.

Best of luck with your art!