Trouts with cream
Ok, this is the first time I'm posting in this section, but I'm ready for bashing. I really neex to know what is wrong with this pic, and I can't figure it out.
[Image: truchas_by_dadapan-d6dra4m.png]

What do you people think?

I'm not sure what's going on. Are the trouts betting against the gladiators? what is the cream for? I like the composition, but I don't get it:)

It's supposed to be bizarre :p I had to illustrate a recipe, and I wanted to do something weird.

That is amazingly creative for a way of providing a recipe. It's actually kind of hard to critique something like this.

To that end, the trout in the front has inconsistent lighting with the rest of the picture, assuming the light source is hanging over the pan around the rim farthest to us. And the fire at the bottom right could be blended better (to make it look more like fire, as well as the light reflecting off the rim of the pan being made smoother).

To that end it's still rather good. The composition is nice, the stylized look adds onto the image. Overall it looks fairly good/complete, unless there's anything else you want to change along the way.
Thank you! I know it's hard to critique, so I really appreciate you taking the time.
Anyway, you're right, I'll try to correct those two things and it's done! :)
Thanks!