bicycle ride
is a simple illustration of a bike ride. what do you think?

[Image: 34i5jj9.jpg]
It's a cute scene, but please look at references of people riding bikes. I hope they won't be as stiff as this poor guy, keeping a straight back is not a bad idea for casual biking, but his arms look like the Coyote blowing up dynamite.
[Image: Coyote-Dynamite.jpg]
I think his bike frame is probably too short for him (in length, not height) and that's why he has such a strange posture.

Also beware of making shadows just your local colour with black added. It makes things muddy quick. His skin is especially problematic. I don't really have the time or resources to start on colour theory now, but look into James Gurney's books or his blog (search for the color tag) you will learn a lot.

I like your clouds!

Good luck.

(07-19-2013, 10:40 PM)ChantalFournier Wrote: It's a cute scene, but please look at references of people riding bikes. I hope they won't be as stiff as this poor guy, keeping a straight back is not a bad idea for casual biking, but his arms look like the Coyote blowing up dynamite.
[Image: Coyote-Dynamite.jpg]
I think his bike frame is probably too short for him (in length, not height) and that's why he has such a strange posture.

Also beware of making shadows just your local colour with black added. It makes things muddy quick. His skin is especially problematic. I don't really have the time or resources to start on colour theory now, but look into James Gurney's books or his blog (search for the color tag) you will learn a lot.

I like your clouds!

Good luck.