30 Illustrations
Well, this is my goal. I have to build a portfolio and it's gonna be a challenge. I figure that this will be the best way for me to work out all the kinks.
==================================================
Here are some rules:

- Cannot compromise quality ( i.e. works have to meet my standard in order to pass/has to be my very best)

- Works have to be targeted toward a product(i.e. magic cards, book cover illustrations, promotional products, etc...)

- Will seek to hone in on a consistent style

- Works will not stray too far into categories other than fantasy, sci-fi, horror ( Although some exceptions can be made.)

- Works can be based off of my own IP, or others such as D&D, Aliens/ (Randomizers will come in handy too..)

- Each work will have to have AT LEAST a paragraph of accompanying text/story AND what it's for

====================================================
P.O.A.:

- I'll be posting them here as they're finished and will number the posts( #1, #2, #3,etc)

- I'll only post WIP in the crit forums if I need to.

- DEADLINE FEB 1st 2014

- I'd also like to finish early, If I can do 2-3 Illustrations per week, that could be possible.

- If anyone has suggestions, let me know - and feel free to post anything relevant below..

- crits, ideas, comments and anything else are all welcome.
=================================================

Well, here goes nothin'...........Insane, ecstatic
Do you have a more specific deadline? It might help keep you motivated/workin hard

Good luck with this by the way :D I think its perfectly reasonable if you pace yourself appropriately

I'm thinking the Deadline would be Feb 1st 2014, Gonna post that now in my OP.. Hopefully I can make it earlier..
Illustration_1: Cleansing the Lowlands
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP: JLI (me) Universe: Illadria
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's the Story?

Menk Oarlinn Knew he could easily lure cursed spirits out of the foliage. Surrounding feywild often emboldened those worthy of natural enchantments, which aided in the purging of the darkness that had poisoned the once lush forest. Dark ones proliferated more than ever since Eventharr's curse spilled through the lowlands, which awoke great evil in the deep woods. The purging had come to be a welcome duty for Menk Oarlinn and his kind, even as his forest clan struggled daily to fight the perpetual onslaught.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's it for? Front Book Cover_Non-Wrap - 8 1/2 x 11
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my first illustration in the series , comments and crits welcome!

Illustration_2: Aliens Evolution: "Wipe team"
IP: Aliens
What's the Story?

" The first betamorphs emerged from sector 23 of bio-research module 07. exotic breeds of xenomorph had become all too common, and had to be dispatched by "wipe teams." As they were about to find out, breed 23 were more terrible than anything that had come before." colony log L7-2337/report 7784.001a

Despite the fall of corporate giant Weyland Yutani, colonial communities flourished through the galaxies, thanks mostly to organic mods and genetic farming, which had allowed for humans to remain independent from their home world, Earth. With this technology came the advent of xenomorph culturing which proved a useful activity for the neo-colonists.

The new colonies were vast utopias of human engineering.
The breeding of docile, semi- intelligent aliens proved useful in labor forces, command brigades and even child care - this enabled humans to wield great power through genetic breeding of the alien.
What's it for? Pre-Vis styleframe - 16x9

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-06-2013, 07:32 AM)phereous Wrote: Illustration_2: Aliens Evolution: "Wipe team"
IP: Aliens
What's the Story?

" The first betamorphs emerged from sector 23 of bio-research module 07. exotic breeds of xenomorph had become all too common, and had to be dispatched by "wipe teams." As they were about to find out, breed 23 were more terrible than anything that had come before." colony log L7-2337/report 7784.001a

Despite the fall of corporate giant Weyland Yutani, colonial communities flourished through the galaxies, thanks mostly to organic mods and genetic farming, which had allowed for humans to remain independent from their home world, Earth. With this technology came the advent of xenomorph culturing which proved a useful activity for the neo-colonists.

The new colonies were vast utopias of human engineering.
The breeding of docile, semi- intelligent aliens proved useful in labor forces, command brigades and even child care - this enabled humans to wield great power through genetic breeding of the alien.
What's it for? Pre-Vis styleframe - 16x9

real quick. I like this but im not sure people hold guns in that manner and the alien "creep" all over the walls seems to have shapes that are inconsistent with the franchise. The dog alien too but then again its called alien evolution so who knows. i like the chromatic abberation.
This is starting to look pretty good. You went from vertical-warm to horizontal-cool which shows off a nice variety. Hope you make it to your deadline, at this rate I bet it'll be a piece of cake.