Character Illustration "The Discovery of Evil's Bane"
My latest work, I call it near finished at this point. I posted it over at cgsociety for some feedback, wanted to do the same here. This is only my second work using a tablet but I feel like I am getting comfortable using it pretty quickly. I want this to be my best work yet and grow from it forward so I am seeking critique, suggestions whatever on it to not only improve it but reinforce ideas for future works.

The idea behind this one is for anyone familiar with Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past, this is link after finding the Master Sword in the forest and is currently leaving with it but it caught in a moment of awe has he looks over his newest acquisition. My main focal points when I came up with this idea was for focus to be on Link and the Sword itself.

[Image: Link18.jpg]

This is my first take on making some adjustments based on feedback I received at cgsociety.

[Image: Link20.jpg]

You've got a great consitency in this work.
What pops up to me is the lighting on the boots, maybe tone it down.
Think of where the light is coming from, from what I see the only lightsource is the sun and it comes overhead through the leaves.
Something that may help:
Draw straight lines from where the sun is to Link's body to see where the sun hits.
Wireframe the places with red lines to accurately depict where the materials absorb the light.

Other thing that pops out to me is the right hand thats holding the sword. It seems out of place and kind of stiff.

Hope this helps.

(08-09-2013, 04:47 PM)crackedskull Wrote: You've got a great consitency in this work.
What pops up to me is the lighting on the boots, maybe tone it down.
Think of where the light is coming from, from what I see the only lightsource is the sun and it comes overhead through the leaves.
Something that may help:
Draw straight lines from where the sun is to Link's body to see where the sun hits.
Wireframe the places with red lines to accurately depict where the materials absorb the light.

Other thing that pops out to me is the right hand thats holding the sword. It seems out of place and kind of stiff.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback, ultimately though between the time I posted this and when I seen your feedback I've called this finished, was a week between getting feedback between either place I posted this.