character concept help
good day everyone. I was wondering if i could get a crit and/or paintover for this character.

here a bit of background: what i had in mind is that he's some elemental monk that uses ice. a bit of punk teenager and also vagabond atmosphere to him.

any advice would be nice . i don't want to end up rendering to finish just yet

thnxs in advance :)

Attached Files Image(s)

it looks like the image is still in a fairly rough stage and its hard to know what else you have in mind for it.

First thing Id recommend doing is showing that this guy actually has ice powers. Whether the ice is swirling around him or glowing out his hands. Also his skin color looks warm, you can keep it that way, but if you want to push the ice idea make him look more pale. The pose is pretty bad ass, seriously, the legs could use some fixing though as his left foot looks awkward.

Nice progress overall! keep it up!
is hand suggest me he is casting a ice push or getting energy from the other hand also a ice made body part could really add personality to the character but it could be a overkill
Did a quick paintover for you on my livestream, you can watch it there or here on my youtube account its in 2 parts -
Part 1 - http://youtu.be/_ErR77u7DYU
Part 2 - http://youtu.be/fOF4rDWS_aM

Hope that helps :).

Attached Files Image(s)

I'd advise you look at punks, hobos and vagabonds more, try to make a convincing and interesting concept of that kind before giving it the ice twist...you're trying too hard to make an ice wielding dude first, that the rest is an afterthought. Might as well make an Eskimo with a Mohawk then.
If you want to do concept art, you should do tons and tons of iterations. Small silhouettes, or thumbnails or scribbles. Don't try color before you found stuff you like. I have a sketchbook just for thumbnails and concepts and I can draw 15-20 designs of a simple LAMP before settling on one I like. Doing characters is even more complex. You should do studies of actual hobos and punks, then concept characters. Maybe several heads, loads of costumes. The rendering isn't important until you have a good CONCEPT. The first thing you pull out of your rear end is rarely a good or original concept.

Then, when you are ready to put all of your concepts together, draw the figure with an anatomy that makes sense BEFORE putting clothes on them. Here it looks like you drew the hood and then drew the face inside so the head is too small for his body. One day you will be able to draw the figure from your head, but for now, use reference. Maybe have someone take pics of you as you try to hold the pose or as you act like the character would.