PantheraK's sketchbook
Hi! I'm new to Crimson Daggers. I hope to be a pro someday. I've done a few small commissions here and there, but otherwise haven't had much success. I have a BA in art, but I feel I have some very significant gaps in my education. Hoping to learn a lot, and to help anyone else if I can.

Composition studies:

Color studies:

Master studies:

Figure studies from photos. Trying to be more painterly and not just copy the photo exactly:

Landscape studies from photos. I'm terrible at landscapes, especially from imagination:

Material studies from photos. Need to study fabric and metal more:

Going to try and paint 100 faces from paintings:

Personal work:
I like some parts of this one, but not everything, especially the face. Might try repainting it.

Newest finished painting. One of my dnd characters. Learned a lot from this one:

detail:

Hello! Wow, your compositions are really nice! Also, your fabric and material studies rocks!!! Can't wait to see more of your work :D

Beautiful set of work!

I prefer the cropped version of the dragonborn character. Emphasizes the face. I like how he's in harmony with the desert environment. You should put it as your avatar.

I just love the golden birds on the other piece, and the colors. I like the ambiguity of whether the creatures are unruly servants, or enemies beneath her notice. If you revisit it, you might consider leaving out the arm grasping her ankle. I could picture someone looking serene in a mess of creatures, but a spiky hand around the ankle warrants some sort of reaction.

Anyway, the degree certainly shows! Keep it up!

Sketchbook