Brian's sketchbook
The last one is really cool, keep up the good work :)
Not bad! Your figures show promise.

I would definitely hit set a goal to hit 100 figure studies (not including faces, just heads) to help you nail proportions and anatomy down more so. I'm seeing a lot of thick torsos coupled with thin or long limbs. It really doesn't lend itself to the appeal of your work, and if you were able to correct your drawings you painting would definitely improve.

Other than that I really like your concepts, it's just a matter of execution at this point. Keep pushin' and you'll make some strides. Happy painting.

||SKETCHBOOK||. Bomb
Youtube Channel (Process, Tips on how to get work, etc...)
Love your style man! cruel jack is an awesome design!

nice sketchbook ! concerning your drawing, you should try to improve your line quality, just for .. the sake of it, but maybe you're not interested ! Anyway, take it or leave it haha, and keep showing us good stuff !

Thanks All!

Haven't had much time for sketching of late. Entire family has been battling a nasty bug of late, and I haven't had a day off in a couple of weeks. Here are a few things I have managed to squeeze in over the last couple of weeks:

Trying to focus on overall color/value, as I tend to jump to the rendering too soon, and the work suffers for it.
[Image: 20131101-color-comps.jpg]

And here are a couple of quick figure doodles that ended up transforming into unfinished super hero sketches:

[Image: 20131113-hawkeye-sketch.jpg]

[Image: 20131115-hulk.jpg]

Not sure if I'll take them any further.

It's been far too long since I posted anything...neck/back injury has hindered attempts to doodle regularly. Trying to push through it, and work on my values...anyway, here are a few sketches from recent days.

[Image: 20140210-cap.jpg]

[Image: 20140211-foj.jpg]

[Image: 20140212-foj-villain.jpg]