just a landscape
"Under a tree, apologize to yourself."

[Image: 1080378_609951925693583_2146107176_n.jpg...c17a21826e]

Update

[Image: 1080610_610293992326043_41733301_n.jpg?o...64b760960a]
No wonder nobody commented. You could fix it it yourself with no help! Great work, dude.

I looked and didn't comment because you didn't ask for any crit...just posted a pic with a random quote. Perhaps be a bit less vague if you want to get the most out of posting in this forum...just a suggestion.
I think the piece lacks for a focus point because it is quite bland in the use of differences in saturation and contrast (higher sat, most contrast for focal points). I think you mean the noose to be the focus but actually in the most recent update the clouds and the tree draw the more at first because of the higher contrast. There's a bit of narrative with the noose and distant rider, but nothing fleshed out, so it seems a bit aimless really. Values are pretty good, but think about making extreme foreground things darker to push depth. The perspective seems like it shifts from background to foreground slightly, like a distorted lens...not sure if that was intended. The scale is a bit conflicting with rocks vs sign vs grass vs tree and noose. End result: Tree seems smaller than it should be.
That's all I got.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(08-08-2013, 07:41 PM)monkeybread Wrote: I looked and didn't comment because you didn't ask for any crit...just posted a pic with a random quote. Perhaps be a bit less vague if you want to get the most out of posting in this forum...just a suggestion.
I think the piece lacks for a focus point because it is quite bland in the use of differences in saturation and contrast (higher sat, most contrast for focal points). I think you mean the noose to be the focus but actually in the most recent update the clouds and the tree draw the more at first because of the higher contrast. There's a bit of narrative with the noose and distant rider, but nothing fleshed out, so it seems a bit aimless really. Values are pretty good, but think about making extreme foreground things darker to push depth. The perspective seems like it shifts from background to foreground slightly, like a distorted lens...not sure if that was intended. The scale is a bit conflicting with rocks vs sign vs grass vs tree and noose. End result: Tree seems smaller than it should be.
That's all I got.

thank you very much for your advice, it was just what I was looking for