Hi all!
Hello guys!

Name's Rafael Ventura. I'm 30, but I liked drawing since childhood (as I think everybody is), just never stopped drawing. Although I must admit, never took it seriously until I was 23.

Nowadays I work mainly with videogames, with my passion other than painting and drawing: animating. I'm working on some Wayforward games, such as Adventure Time and Regular Show, and the fighting game Skullgirls.

Before that though, I did an art college here in Brazil, but admittedly it did me more harm than good, since games and comics (my main focus) were not seen as art and I was even "invited" to get out of college. Which such endearing philosophy and teachers, I had to try to figure out everything alone on the college's library and close friends who also wanted to learn how to paint, but you can do only this much by yourself.

I haven't had much contact with artists since I had no proper internet until recently, so since I started to look at it as a career (at 23), I've been trying to learn as much as I can and, most importantly, UN-learn what I've got from my college (this being the hardest part, but I think with positive results).

Thankfully, early this year I had the opportunity to go to the Imaginism workshop in Canada and man, what a difference does it make to see true professionals working! I have a much better sense of where I stand now, and how to improve.

I never had the courage to register on forums like this or similar ones because to me it seemed a far cry from where I standed, but I feel more confident now to show how I'm progressing and, hopefully, someday achieve a skill that will make me happy with myself. I do believe critique is the best way to improve, so please do it with my studies and work!

If you want to see my works (both painting and animation), please feel free to visit my site: www.ilustraterra.com
Heya Rafael! Welcome to the daggers!

Mmm wow, that really sucks to hear about how they treated you at art school... I could imagine how frustrating that would have been for you.

But you're laughing now! I mean, damn! Imaginism Studios!? That is fantastic to hear!! I'm sure you learned a helluva lot from Bobby, Kei and the gang!

I checked out your website and it looks wonderful! You had me at Adventure Time haha. But your paintings are killer too!

It'll be awesome to follow your progress here!

Be sure to dive into the CD community, we don't bite ~

I hope you enjoy your stay!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all