Bloodsports #5 Ponyo - Pkmike
hey guys!
aaaawesome challenge having a lot of fun with my ponyo image, learning a lot too,
heres some stuff I've been doing recently, mostly sketching and color comps, got a loooot of work to do yet.
looking forward to the results from everyone, stay gold! :D

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: somecomps.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: step1.jpg]
great work mike! loving all of these so much :) cant wait to see the final! beautiful colours also

very cute, love the colors!
Lovely stuff, Mike, not much else to say! I really like the fun gesture pencil sketches, charming.
Bad ass man, the 1st & 4th thumbnails are my favorite. I love the colors.
Im really likin this !!!!! love the color comps and charcter studies!

"When we first meet people we see shallows, there after fathoms"
Website
Livestream
Blog
thanks guys! :)

some progreeessssss D:
underwater stuff is hard, but its good to be out of the comfort zone

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The composition is quite nice, very interesting idea. I would move the position of kids heads a litte bit higher ( I enerally go with my gut when it comes to composition, but You can apply the rule of thirds - their eyes would be placed on the bottom horizontal line and the intersections would be in the very centre of their heads).

I'm very impressed by how You implemented colors. Values are olso quite good, the only piece of advice I could give would be to darken a little the space in between rocks and boxes (or whatever that is). But just a little.

Keep it up, and good luck with it!

By the way, are You aiming at Pixar, Dreamworks or something of that sort for your professional career? You deffinitely have the potential in that area.

Also, do You by any chance provide livestreams?
Looking really nice PKmike! Reminds me of some of the pixar short animation movies. Good work!
amagawd
Ohh man this is looking really nice your style is amazin good luck!!
Awesome! Can't wait to see the finished painting.
Thaanks for the feedback people :)

Jasielski: thanks! wanted this one to be kind of a pixar remake of ponyo, and yeah, here: http://www.livestream.com/pkmike
some more progress, and studies (:
[Image: 18.jpg]

[Image: 19.jpg]

[Image: 20.jpg]

[Image: 21.jpg]

[Image: 22.jpg]

[Image: step5.jpg]

the happy colors in this piece, makes me want to touch your kids! nice job. I don't normally consider myself a child molester, but i'll make an exception.
So cute!
Great stuff dude, it's always a treat seeing your new work

T-the colors... <3
Sweet!
Great Great colors
imba Mike :D