hello
hello, i'm genice. 15. female. canadian. this is my first time joining a forum, everything is quite new to me (i'm still trying to figure out how everything works and get used to the layout of the website.. haha) i started getting into digital art about a year ago. currently, i consider myself as an amateur hobbyist artist (though in the future, i'm hoping to study art at an art school, and eventually land some kind of art job) i still have a ton of stuff to figure out and learn. i'm joining this forum in hopes of getting more feedback on the things i draw, as well as meeting other like-minded art people to discuss things with. looking forward to my time here ^^

here are a few of my works
(so far the majority of the things i draw is fanart /especially k-pop/ while drawing fanart of things is really fun, i'm trying to move on to creating more original work)

[Image: tumblr_mrfs97r1zK1r75typo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mqiwszJ6Hu1r75typo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mkg9ilfkjO1r75typo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mk8r9icOIY1r75typo1_500.jpg]

you can see more of my stuff on my deviantart c:

thanks for stopping by!!
Welcome to daggers really nice work first of all.Amazing talent or dedication.(You mustn't rest on your laurels that the first rule of art for me).

Here is a link to some useful tips to improve http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3-page-8.html

The pose in the first image could be rework the energy from the creature and from the character do not seem to fit in harmony (the character is kinda in defensive stance and the animal is kinda ready to attack)
(08-20-2013, 12:24 AM)darktiste Wrote: Welcome to daggers really nice work first of all.Amazing talent or dedication.(You mustn't rest on your laurels that the first rule of art for me).

Here is a link to some useful tips to improve http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3-page-8.html

The pose in the first image could be rework the energy from the creature and from the character do not seem to fit in harmony (the character is kinda in defensive stance and the animal is kinda ready to attack)

thank you ^^ i never thought of the poses that way, i'll be sure to put more thought/research into the things i draw in the future
thanks for the link!!
Hello and welcome to Daggers :)

For only 15 your art is amazing. I'm 24 and no where near as good as you. Impressive!! Keep it up...!!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. I've only been here a few short days but my improvements have come on leaps and bounds thanx to these wonderful people :) I look forward to seeing more from you :)

Do you have a sketchbook here? Do you have a deviantART?

mii

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
(08-20-2013, 10:16 PM)missimoinsane Wrote: Hello and welcome to Daggers :)

For only 15 your art is amazing. I'm 24 and no where near as good as you. Impressive!! Keep it up...!!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. I've only been here a few short days but my improvements have come on leaps and bounds thanx to these wonderful people :) I look forward to seeing more from you :)

Do you have a sketchbook here? Do you have a deviantART?

mii

hello!! and thank you ^^ i'll work hard c:
i'm not really sure how to set up a sketchbook yet (or what it's for,etc.) but i do have a deviantart ^^ (genicecream.deviantart.com)
again, thank you. keep up your good work as well!
Sorry for the late response.

If you click on the big picture of "CRIMSON DAGGERS" at the top of the screen it'll take you to the main page. At the top is the same banner, followed by a shot box and under that is the forums. Scroll on down until you find the one that says SCRAPBOOK (or go here http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html) - from there create a new forum thread. Entitle it what ever you wish your scrapbook to be called... this can be your name, something whitty or simply Genicecream's Scrapbook ~ you can change this at any time. Now you've created a forum thread in the scrapbook area simply write a little about yourself, you work or what ever you wish (this is your personal space) and don't forget to include some pictures you can use deviantART as a host. And click submit. You've done!! Yey...

What to do next... people should comment/write and encourage you, linking tips.. tricks.. tutorials and examples and such forth. Also you should post in the comments updates on any wips (works in progress), sketches, doodles, finished pieces, previews, ideas etc etc... from that you should be working towards improving your creative skills... and others should be commenting along the way. Don't worry if they don't - usually that means they haven't really anything to say to help you improve on that piece. But don't be discouraged. If you want help there's other forums plus there's the shout box which anyone online can see and assist you.

I hope that's not overwhelming. It is much more simple!! Honest :)

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
Welcome to the forum. Nice to see some younger artists on here like myself! (I'm 16 and Canadian as well. -Living in Alberta.) Nice painting of the character sitting on the throne. The proportions and natural feel of the character is really nice! It's very cool. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more!

(08-21-2013, 11:22 AM)missimoinsane Wrote: Sorry for the late response.

If you click on the big picture of "CRIMSON DAGGERS" at the top of the screen it'll take you to the main page. At the top is the same banner, followed by a shot box and under that is the forums. Scroll on down until you find the one that says SCRAPBOOK (or go here http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/forum-10.html) - from there create a new forum thread. Entitle it what ever you wish your scrapbook to be called... this can be your name, something whitty or simply Genicecream's Scrapbook ~ you can change this at any time. Now you've created a forum thread in the scrapbook area simply write a little about yourself, you work or what ever you wish (this is your personal space) and don't forget to include some pictures you can use deviantART as a host. And click submit. You've done!! Yey...

What to do next... people should comment/write and encourage you, linking tips.. tricks.. tutorials and examples and such forth. Also you should post in the comments updates on any wips (works in progress), sketches, doodles, finished pieces, previews, ideas etc etc... from that you should be working towards improving your creative skills... and others should be commenting along the way. Don't worry if they don't - usually that means they haven't really anything to say to help you improve on that piece. But don't be discouraged. If you want help there's other forums plus there's the shout box which anyone online can see and assist you.

I hope that's not overwhelming. It is much more simple!! Honest :)

thank you!! this helps a lot ^^ i'll go set up my sketchbook now haha

(08-21-2013, 02:01 PM)Zachary McLean Wrote: Welcome to the forum. Nice to see some younger artists on here like myself! (I'm 16 and Canadian as well. -Living in Alberta.) Nice painting of the character sitting on the throne. The proportions and natural feel of the character is really nice! It's very cool. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more!

thanks! it's nice meeting other artists in my age group as well ^^
i'll do my best c: