Bloodsports #5 - Porco Rosso- nickmacey
Hey guys, I eventually decided to go with porco rosso! Thought it would be pretty cool. Heres some comp sketches so far, Ill be doing some more comps with the girl and porco together. Pretty much decided on 4,5. I like the setting and could create some depth quite nicely. Trying to go for the action shots. Feedback and crits would be much appreciated!! :D Thanks all!

[Image: compscombined.jpg]

Hi Nick, I like no5 most! If you really develop the face into a great portrait painting, and with the action underneath this could work really well!
Thanks alex! I'll definitely try to, ill try and mix it up and test out a few more characters in the background! :)

Hey, thanks for the refs from earlier. Yeah I agree 5 is the best - I would play with giving him a 3/4 turn and maybe head tilted slightly up. Right now keeping him looking straight at us on the top is a bit stagnant, but I think it has a lot of room for potential if you play around with it
thanks canis! I can definitely see what you mean by him being stagnant! Heres an update, two studies and the linework ive used; almost finished with the colouring etc, I doubt I will finish it by tomorrow but Ill work on it over the weekend!

Linework;
[Image: linework.jpg]

First time painting clouds and water so that was fun, learnt a lot :)

[Image: cloudstudy.jpg]

[Image: seastudy.jpg]

I'll upload more studies later when they are finished!

Crits are appreciated! :D
Thanks