TX's Sketchbook
Updating again, you know the drill.

Got kind of inspired after watching this photo by Japanese artist Natsumi Hayashi, so I decided to use it as reference for something.

Posted in the order they were made. First one is based mostly on gesture and a bit of anatomy knowledge. Second one is a more simplistic approach to figure through form (which looks somewhat nicer to me. Kind of thinking whether I should start developing everything from that point)

[Image: DSC00941.jpg]
[Image: DSC00943.jpg]
[Image: DSC00947.jpg]

Random shape exercise with illegible notes.

[Image: DSC00944.jpg]

30 min (or so) drawing. Mostly based on gesture, I decided to play a bit with this one. Might use some darker tones.

[Image: DSC00951_copy.jpg]

I kind of noticed that my images look just too big. Will post smaller ones from now on.
also, I did this yesterday. Mad from scratch, I'm quite pleased with it. Nevertheless, it needs improvement.
[Image: thief_pose3.png]

Not much to post today. Some thumbnails I did of some old master works.

Finally some color thumbnails.
Apparently, i'm the type that insists on using colors with low chroma. Have to work on that.
[Image: char_study_04.jpg]
[Image: char_study_03.jpg]
[Image: char_study_02.jpg]

Allright! Life painting, my old nemesis! (with whom you seem to get along pretty well)

Keep it up T xchris, this is looking great.

@Rognoll Ah, thanks, though I might add I'm struggling with it. light/Mid tones and are easy to spot, but darker ones are a complete pain.

Again with thumbnails!

This one was a me trying the grayscale to color method. way harder than it sounds.

Here's a couple of things I did in order to get better at character design.

Quick update. Should do it more often, but now I have an excuse!

In all seriousness, I started a course on Animation, on which the professor gives us this exercises to do in the shortest time possible. Life drawings are done in 5 min (or 3, can't remember). Siloethes on 1:30.
There's also an example of quicksketching on the street, so enjoy.

I want to update this more often, but I'm currently under a brutal schedule. Hopefully, It'll slow down in the next few weeks.
This batch is mostly animation-related stuff, unlike my usual illustration/human figure updates.
Again, sorry for the crappy picture quality.