Bloodsports 5: Porco Rosso
Hey Daggers!

Im going to try my hand at an art deco style Porco Rosso poster. I started with some sketches of the character, then some analysis of art deco posters. Lastly I spent alittle time coming up with composition thumbnails.

[Image: Sprayah_PorcoRosso_study_001_1000px.jpg]

[Image: Sprayah_PorcoRosso_study_002_1000px.jpg]

[Image: Porco_rosso_compStudies_001_1000_px.jpg]

I am super interested to know which one(s) you think work and why…

Cheers

Love the style you're going for, the Deco thing works so well, especially with this movie, which is one of my favourites! No11 is my fave so far!
Number 3 is fun! And doesn't look like anything anyone else has done as of yet.
I like number 8 !
I like 3 and 11. Number 11 more so I think.

Thanks for your feedback guys!!! I decided to head away from a guns and war theme, towards more of a peacefull journey with the character in the clouds type buzz. I hope that the theme of the content also works with simple lines of flow and curves of the art deco style :-)

[Image: Sprayah_PorcoRosso_rough_08_LORES.jpg]

I love this! Very interesting interpretation, stylistically
The style you've chosen works wonderfully with the setting of the movie. Regarding the composition, for me the bottom plane is hugging the cloud line too much (clouds separating the top and bottom half of the image) and is drawing my eye away from the focus. It's like the line is trying hard not to touch or cross the plane, particularly the wing. The way it was drawn in the thumbnail created a better sense of space, giving each element room to breathe.

Tommy Tallian - Portfolio
This is awesome, can't say more, I love it!
Hey guys thanks heaps for your feedback...
@Tommy your observations were really helpful to me when I was trying to refine the focal area, making the plane a tad smaller helped alot. Thanks! :-)