His sketchbook

So first time posting here on Crimson Daggers. I decided to show study,sketch,render in this conan image.

If i count back it must been 3 months seens i started using photoshop. Been/still is into traditional way of art before, the pen, charcoal, oil and etc.

Oh and BEER' with my english, it is just my second language.

Anyway, the conan is a study ca 1 hour. Then i did the monster below, ca 15 min. then third the close up of the monster, took ca 15 min. Thats my intuition at least of the time limit. Panties 1 minute hahaha.

Well hope you enjoyed my first post and I hope to blabla enjoy your stuff ass-well.

Here is another conan study. If you guys have any Photoshop advise to give me, that I can use to do to make 'a better picture', setting for my brushes, or other things that helps to reach a finish painting. What do you guys do?
Welcome man, nice start, looking forward to seeing some more stuff :). You mentioned you're into traditional, it'd be cool to see some of that work as well :)

Hi everyone! So YES, im doing alot of Conan studies. Cause its a nice concept and has alot of sweet colors i think.

Well I need help. My goal is to make tight nice rendered finished paintings.
Is there anything you guys can teach me about Photoshop that is so new for me, functions or settings. That would make it easier for me to work.

I know what it takes for a finished drawing. But fack, I have hard do make it to the end and hard to execute them. What do you guys do? whats your way?

On the guy with the horse, I thought about ''block in'' the drawing, while i was applying color.

Well anyway, lets do some art!

(09-06-2013, 06:35 PM)JakeB Wrote: Welcome man, nice start, looking forward to seeing some more stuff :). You mentioned you're into traditional, it'd be cool to see some of that work as well :)

Thanks Jake! There is nothing better than a warm welcome, fun to be here!
I will forsure put some up, just matter of time, haha. But hey, what do you do on C.D more than posting on ones sketchbook?

Here is a black and white conan made of a color ref conan.

Pushed myself with this one, man I really wanted to stop at a point, its nice to get over that.
Em. Any way, I know there is more shit i can do on this one, much much more. And I will! Then I will do the colors ontop.
But I want to do another study now, or sketch some shit. Then go back to this picture, and look for more mistakes.

I like the process i did at least, big shape, then line drawing on top, etc. Thanks for looking guys!

here is some little sketch i just finished. He reminds me a little of captain ackbar from starwars..
My main pointer is watch your edges, you have nice soft transitions on the skin between your values but your edges are fuzzy. Keep going!

Okay! Got a couple of conan studies. That lead to a self-portrait in black and white, from a color photo.

The portrait study took 4.5 hours. Pretty good for me, and this is the best portrait of myself i ever made. but.. FUCK, i hate the fuzzy finish.

Beside this i been working on my portfolio. I need $ and I hate my barista job, that waste my time.. well I have 2 drawings done for the portfolio. Got a toad dragon fighting a knight. and a barbarian.

Any one have any tips on portfolios? or can link me too such.

Hi everyone! Here are some MMA fighting.

Hi you! Here is my first intentional character piece for some savage tribe concept. I started of from my imagination, then used ref. for hands when i came to the point where i didnt get them right. And yeah.. Its probly a huge inspiration from many conan studys i been doing.

Awesome artworks bro :)
Especially the portrait.

Arnie looks badass as usual. Keep it up.

Hey hallo!

Here is some loomis study.

(09-23-2013, 01:54 AM)Prabu Wrote: Awesome artworks bro :)
Especially the portrait.

Arnie looks badass as usual. Keep it up.

Thanks alot Prabu! Fack yeah, got to work hard hard hard every day =-D

Conan study

highlander study!

My work, bladerunner feel baby. Wanted a new profil pic, and this is what it is.

Spartan helmet study and sword in hand. XD

Armor study 1 hour.