Etch a sketches
Okay so i'm new here, the name is James or Hornybee or whatever you like really. Im 22 and from the UK somewhere between Liverpool and Manchester.

I started getting serious about my art about a year ago and I feel I need to step it up a notch and I thought that starting a sketchbook was the best way to go about it. Feel free to critique away, It'll be nice having someone other than myself laughing at my work Insane, ecstatic

I'm starting a new job next week as a junior animator so my posts may take a hit at first but I'll do my best to keep things up.

Here is a link to my tumblr that I have been using but from now on Ill switch to this.

Here is some of my work from this morning...

[Image: r7sz.jpg]

[Image: r578.jpg]

[Image: l9mq.jpg]

[Image: ylc2.jpg]

Weeeeee!
Here's some more sketches... also some colour studies from my bedroom.

[Image: 238y.jpg]

[Image: hrdp.jpg]

[Image: z118.jpg]

[Image: 3yb3.jpg]

I would have put some life drawings up but someone borrowed my car so I can't get to my figure drawing class tonight, so I guess ill do some online figure drawing and post it later tonight or tomorrow morning :)
Rainbow 
Welcome to CD, James!
Good job with the first post. You seem to have a pretty good understanding of depth and know how to manipulate perspective. Your faces look rather geometric and unnatural so I would recommend that you spend a day practicing just them.
Never give up and learn to enjoy frustration. Hope to see more

Thanks Nika, I'll get on that!

here are some more sketches from today... Sorry about the poor quality, I'll start scanning tomorrow.

[Image: fvse.jpg]

[Image: h07e.jpg]

[Image: 3rwt.jpg]

[Image: 7aax.jpg]
Spotted an N64!!!
I like how the muscles look on the Barbarian. The pose feels a bit stiff, though. You might want to try and exaggerate it a bit. But maybe that's just me.
Anyway, I also dig the colour studies. Keep the good work!

@txchris haha you spotted correct! I'll try to loosen up my figures, I guess i'll try work on my gesture lines as they usually confuse me a bit

Here is a couple of head studies/colour studies from today

stephen fry and saori hara

[Image: kqjm.jpg]

[Image: j1nq.jpg]

I may do some anatomy or something tonight...
heres some anatomy, pixelovely stuff and a sketch at the end

[Image: 78o6.jpg]

[Image: 6x9q.jpg]

[Image: r1jx.jpg]

[Image: 9ekg.jpg]

[Image: 5a4t.jpg]
A colour study thing and a couple of paintings based on a story for a D&D game i'm dming... weee

[Image: 47l6.jpg]

[Image: a1ak.jpg]

[Image: reu8.jpg]
I've been a little busy this weekend so I haven't had time to upload, so here's a bunch o stuff I've been upto. Mainly colour studies and a few poses. I have some pencil stuff I'll upload at some point. The first one is some dude from my D and D game that died.

[Image: iu29.jpg]

[Image: xgch.jpg]

[Image: zu5c.jpg]

[Image: g46e.jpg]

[Image: 4q8v.jpg]

[Image: ggs7.jpg]
Awesome Sketches James :)

I Love Post # 4

This new job has definately kept me busy... but ive been quietly working away. Here be my latest work... some of its missing as its a hefty update but ill stick it in with the next load

[Image: hd63.jpg]

[Image: xv2p.jpg]

[Image: fh4e.jpg]

[Image: 3add.jpg]

[Image: qyua.jpg]

[Image: 9jnc.jpg]

[Image: hl4f.jpg]

[Image: fm1m.jpg]

[Image: 9xvi.jpg]

[Image: xb7h.jpg]

[Image: bx33.jpg]

[Image: wyoj.jpg]