Would definitely appreicate a critique on this thanks!
Hey there everybody, just wanted to get some educated critiques on this. My biggest concerns are the mood when it comes to lighting and if there are any improvements that could be made to the lighting that might make the piece even better or pop more. Thanks for taking the time to critique this!

Attached Files Image(s)

Maybe something like this?
- less saturated background
- less saturated, darker shoulder
- bigger contrast on the head (make the planes of the head visible - divide front plane from side plane and top plane more)
- model 3d shapes with light a bit more
- add the most contrast and saturation to your focal point only

Of coz, that's my opinion and your artwork... so see how it works for you, do what you feel is good for you. :)

Attached Files Image(s)

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

BombMy Sketchbook (critique welcome)Bomb
What kind of mood are you going for?

Focus.
Agree with what Kerm said, furthermore, try not to make the image too overexposed. You could try takin a look at some of your favorite movie stills and see how they set up their lighting. People usually go with the three-point lighting system which you can read about here THREE-POINT LIGHTING Also, you should try to figure out what kind of mood you're goin for before anything, like meat said.

You can also play around with some rim lighting, type in google to see what it's all about. It's a good way to lose some of the detail, and gives the image an interesting look and makes it pop. Don't forget to flip the image a lot to get a fresh look.

[Image: pntover.jpg]

here you go mate. i'm pretty tired but i manage to do a quick paintover. in general keep in mind everything Denis said. Plus I toned down saturation and added a complementary color, to catch viewers eye. Changed a bit composition to give this guy some breathing space and threw some light to pop those shiny armor and make the head read more 3d. hope i make sense and it helps. forgive my language i'm a no brainer atm. love the design. keep on rockin' ;)

Hey guys, I really apologize for not responding since posting this, I was thinking I'd get an email letting me know that someone commented, but I really appreciate the advice! I have changed it thus far since getting a critique on facebook from Brent Hollowell, but after reading all of your comments I might go back and add a couple of things. Thank all very much.