Need some help here !
So, I started this concept, based on the word gambling.
It's very simple, token and dices falling and the background is abstract.

The problem is that even if my background is suppose to be abstract art, I find it too empty.
I searched for something that I could add, like an open hand on the right corner, ready to grab the token, but I was not very enthusiastic with the idea.

Maybe the solution lies with the scale of the objects.
(some lights are off, didn't finish lighting, was bothered with the emptyness)

So, if some of you have got some ideas, happy to hear them !

[Image: 425136gamblev2.jpg]

Ok I have to admit I'm a bit confused by what you want to achieve here. but I will assume your goal is to do a "conceptual" illustration about gambling. If you want to keep the background abstract that's fine, but it's pretty much empty, so it's no wonder the piece feels empty. Use shapes and colours to drive an interesting composition. My suggestion would be to really play with interesting lighting on the chips to create mood, and use background composition shapes to suggest something related to gambling even if it isn't completely literal. I did something quick to demonstrate. YOu probably want to push mood and feel with this piece, because there isn't a lot to go on as it is. ALso add some effects like motion blur and depth of field to again add believability and interest.
Maybe you want to go an extra level and do something like add dried blood spots on the main chip to add a hint of narrative...

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Yes, it is a conceptual illustration.

I really like what you did, adding something related to gambling in the background.
And the lighting with the chips really gives interest to the painting.

Motion blur and depth of field works really well too.
Thanks for the crit', appreciate it ! I will work on that, thank you !