RickHowards Sketchbawk
Hello!

Shall be updating this regularly with sketches/studies!
I have a love hate relationship with lifedrawing. I really enjoy doing it but it makes me realise how much I suck at anatomy and how slow I am at drawing. I really need to work on my feet, hands and faces. I plan to work on these so in a way I guess its good because it really highlights my weaknesses, and we all need to work on those in order to bring our work to the next level, right?

Anyway excuse the small volume for a first post, I am currently at work and only have my newest sketchbook to hand.

[Image: tumblr_lze4ma6Aoa1qkph8eo2_250.jpg][Image: tumblr_lze4ma6Aoa1qkph8eo3_250.jpg][Image: tumblr_lze4ma6Aoa1qkph8eo1_500.jpg]

EDIT: Please give me crits on any and all my pieces. I really want to progress fast and pretty much all of you guys kick the shit out of me drawing wise so help me catch up!
When your drawing studies like this always think about the form first. The silhouette is not that important. If it helps try to draw lines that would match the form over the sketch. Just really try to think of the volume of everything.

(if you want me to try to crit something post ref link if there is one)
Ah these were from life. That's the thing, my studies are way better than this because there's no rush (I try to limit the time I spend on one but I'm not going to call something done without being happy with it).

Hence the love/hate relationship :)

(02-16-2012, 03:39 AM)JTAArt Wrote: When your drawing studies like this always think about the form first. The silhouette is not that important. If it helps try to draw lines that would match the form over the sketch. Just really try to think of the volume of everything.

(if you want me to try to crit something post ref link if there is one)