Gliger's Sketchbook
Thanks for the watch on DA! I gotta agree, this is looking pretty cool, I wouldn't call it done yet with all those super sketchy preliminary marks int he background and figure.
Cool stuff, it really shows that you're thinking about the value and lighting

First step of RJ Palmer's skillshare course I just started.
Creature sketching

[Image: 61477_arvalis_sketches.png]

[Image: 21jouf6.png]

[Image: 24y7gue.png]

If you want to check the whole project go to

http://www.skillshare.com/classes/design...ects/26908

[Image: 2ln8r5c.png]

[Image: 20fz23r.png]

Linear and base colors for the final illustration.

[Image: qy8rxi.png]

Ohhh this is cool. Some theoretical notes (not saying change it but keep in mind for next time) is what are your read points. At the moment, its the face (because as humans we always look at faces) which is find, because it is a cool face, but then my eyes travel to the little claw things due to contrast. If this was intentional as your second read (I dont think it was because I think you intended the thing on his back to be a second read) then you should make those claw/arm things a little bigger, if it isnt, then I would turn down the contrast on that piece and maybe have some bright blue accents to the thing on his back.

It looks great though, nice work :D

[Image: 2ry6dlu.jpg]

Thanks, the face and arms are the main focal point, I can't make them bigger because they wouldn't be as functional, the glowy lights should lead your eye to them.
That aside, I'm having too much trouble, I haven't touched the piece in many days. I just can't finish it.

In the meantime, some ferret rendering studies.

[Image: 28guhd0.png]

YAY! FERTS!

Keep pushing that matter of focus even more! Render the crap out of those faces and then put a few rendered hairs on the necks and it will help push the eye up toward those cute fert faces!
More more more! :)

LE SKETCHYBOOK ~ BLOGGY
There is usually more on my blog...

GIVE A CRIT, GET A CRIT!
Thanks! yeah, I gotta keep improving those rendering skills, there are some artists who render fur very well, and in a very simplified way,I need to study them.

[Image: illx6x.png]

I won't be able to use photoshop until I get a new computer, till then, here ya go.

[Image: ibmi6b.jpg]

Let's see if I can get some bucks doing portraits to get the new computer. Though, first let's see if someone actually wants a portrait from me lol.

Well that bites D: best of luck saving up for the new computer!

yeah thanks, I have about 300 euros, I can buy a tower and use this broken mac as a monitor.

This was a nice session

[Image: jzgs2t.jpg]

[Image: 1zcjtq0.jpg]

[Image: wmhz50.jpg]

And the coffee from the machine tasted like heaven, creamy on the top surprisingly.
And...
I BOUGHT SPECTRUM 19 YEEEEEEEAH, I wanted to buy 18 too but I needed 3 more bucks. Probably will buy many on amazon next time, they should cost half.

WIP
All right, so... this is pretty much how I expect Dark Souls II to be.

[Image: 2i7l7np.png]

what do you guys think?

Inspired by Mr--Jack

[Image: 2rp6tu1.png]

I'm supposed to keep the imagination work from 6 to 7, but ended up taking from 6 to 8 and only left me with half hour of animal sketching, which I neglected and did bridgman studies instead

Go go Bridgman rangers! :P

Anyway... looks nice! Try giving us one of two things... A) The contours for a background so that we get some sense of space, or B) A border around the cat (leopard? cheetah?).
Doing that will help us get some context and make it feel more finalized.

Either way, more prease? :)

LE SKETCHYBOOK ~ BLOGGY

GIVE A CRIT, GET A CRIT!
Thanks!, yeah, even just a defined cast shadow on the ground would help it a lot.

Mighty morphin' Bridgman rangeeeeaaaaarrgghhss *Insert guitar jam drop through a blown out speaker* *Thunder* *Sparkles*

PS: IT'S OBVIOUSLY A CHEETAH, C'MON MAN, I THOUGHT I DID IT WELL THIS TIME. Snif...

HAHAHAA I thought it was a cheetah and yes, it does look like one. I just don't know my big kitties -_-
Was it from memory? :)

LE SKETCHYBOOK ~ BLOGGY

GIVE A CRIT, GET A CRIT!
Imagination rather than memory.

PS: Cheetahs aren't technically big cats, they are acynonix jubatus, the only member of the acynonix family, and while yeah, a broader definition of big cats includes ceetahs, cougars etc., generally ''Big cat'' is exclusive to the panthera family, lions, tigers, leopards, jaguars...

[Image: 294ib9e.png]

Heyeyeyeyeyaihh
New computer is here, trying zbrush for the first time, loving it, speaking in subjectless sentences, not sure if subjectless is actually a word.

[Image: Untitled_2.png]

HIGH RES

http://gliger.deviantart.com/art/New-com...-437954274

My god, I can have photoshop, the browser and zbrush open at the same time, this is radical.