Online Lessons?/Where to Start
I have two questions.

First of all, I'm looking for basic drawing "lessons" online, and by lessons I mean some sort of instruction but particularly given objectives or assignment-type things, specific suggestions for studies for example. Basically I want to conduct a simulated class for myself--I know CTRL+Paint has these. Are there any other resources you can suggest? (sites/books/whatever)

I'm also at a loss about how to start as an artist. I have been one for several years but it's all been fairly amateur. Especially online, there is so much information that it's difficult to filter sometimes, and I'm wondering how to create direction for myself. I don't really have any goals at present (and never really have), which I think could help me.
Hey Kausza! If you haven't already head of to the mentoring section of the forums. Specifically you can check out Sickbrush's class as it has some good assignments you can start with. Ultimately with drawing though, it just comes down to doing it a lot. You can look at drawing you have particular favor towards to learn different ways of doing things as well.

As for starting as an artist the best advice I can give you is just pick a direction and start moving. It doesn't matter so much about whether or not you know it's the right one for you, you'll learn that over time. Figuring out what you want to do and what your end goal is, is important but you seem to already realize that. Good luck!