Jeremy's sb
Hi all. I am new here. I'm looking for a place to get feedback and be in a community with other artists and aspiring artists(even if it is virtual). I have not sketched in a while/few days because I was grounded but I'm getting back into the swing of things. Here is a big(not much actually) dump of things( read things I'm not extremely ashamed to show) from jan to about a week or more ago.

I;m looking to start doing more conceptual work but a lot of my figures are awfuls and i err.. don't have much money for life drawing sessions. Money is tight..

So pics!.. some of this will be c&p'ed from another thread

*edit: everything is large as heck. I'll size it down
[Image: SCN_0055.jpg][Image: SCN_0052.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0094.jpg][Image: SCN_0053.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0097.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0092.jpg][Image: SCN_0064.jpg][Image: SCN_0066.jpg][Image: SCN_0096.jpg][Image: SCN_0095.jpg][Image: SCN_0091.jpg][Image: SCN_0076.jpg][Image: SCN_0068.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0070.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0087.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0069.jpg][Image: SCN_0036.jpg][Image: SCN_0101.jpg][Image: SCN_0103.jpg][Image: SCN_0060.jpg][Image: SCN_0064.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0080.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0078.jpg][Image: SCN_0083.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0087.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0071.jpg][Image: SCN_0070.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0081.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0097.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0099.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0098.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0094.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0102.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0110.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0113.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0122.jpg]
[Image: new+sb+church+divide+9+13+13.jpg][Image: SCN_0134.jpg]
[Image: brit+big+english.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0133.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0132.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0125.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0123.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0144+%25282%2529.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0141.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0142.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0140.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0138.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0139.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0129.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0144.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0148.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0156.jpg][Image: SCN_0152.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0146.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0145.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0147.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0144.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0169.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0173.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0172.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0130+(2).jpg][Image: SCN_0158.jpg]

I also have grown anxious about doing bad drawings so I'm never calm anymore going into something with complete confidence. My lines are weak and I think its because of the anxiety that's built up from my fear of doing bad things. The feeling gets worse when I don't draw for a while.

Please feel free to comment and critique as much as you'd like. Tips are always welcome. I'm looking to improve and enjoy myself more...
Wow man.. I know exactly how you feel, that chilling feeling of expectations and pressure when holding a peen before a blank papper.

I remember When I started drawing for about Two and half years ago, sitting in a empty classrom with sketch block not daring to draw a line for the fear of failure or wasting papper, in the end of the day I had two wacky stick figures, and yeah I know sound really silly, but that is how I was for a long while.

But gradually I learnt to ignore those feelings, since nothing good never came from them and kept on drawing.

Soon after while i started to really enjoy drawing, and i dont mean the finnish work, just plain drawing itself, testing different tools and trying another approach to solve a problem. doing thins I started to View my drawing in a whole different sense.

whops got out of track xD, what Im trying to say is those feeling will pass once you understand what you are doing.

you mentioned you were after doing more conceptual work?

- you should take a look on Feng Zhu videos, is all about Conceptional Design and so on.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FZDSCHOOL/videos

- About figures, it's Worth reading George "Bridgman's Complete Guide To Drawing From Life" the tittle is little confusing its more of human anatomy book :)

- "Figure Drawing for All it's Worth by Andrew Loomis" its a good book to read.

By the way your life drawing sketches are awesom xD.

The blank paper thing is not so prominent when I go to do something. Lined paper interestingly relieve's some of that pressure for me. Probably because it already has lines on it or...idk. A lot of it right now has to do with money since there are some things I kinda need to do but I don't think I'm good enough to sell or make stuff. My teacher told me to just take [whoever's] money. Lol. Family stuff is kinda intertwined in the money and getting stuff done and art school and blah blah since I'm a junior in high school.

I'll look at Feng Zhu's stuff when I have a bit more time on my hands. Maybe over the break as I try to dip my feet in the water of a finished fantasy type of err painting or...yea.

I think I read a segment of the Bridgeman book. From what I undersand the smaller ones are a part o the really big one he has. I never really liked loomis much but I guess I'll have to knock through the book. We have the burne hogarth book and for some reason it makes more sense/resonates with me more than loomis so i am going to try that first. I had done part of the loomis book though.

Thank's for the compliment.

the one in landscape orientation is a lil old. I have a bit from the past few days I haven't scanned..I might do it sometime

Attached Files Image(s)

I see what you're saying shirobi..you weren't getting off track. Thanks for the words
[Image: SCN_0183.jpg][Image: SCN_0182.jpg][Image: SCN_0186.jpg][Image: SCN_0185.jpg][Image: 181646.attach.jpeg]
[Image: tumblr_myj8of6U1X1saq5tao1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_myjakmetVA1saq5tao1_500.jpg]
[Image: 11262846854_3b5da54de7.jpg]

this drawing here is weak. I kept popor track of time and I didn't really know ow it wold come out as I went along. It was my first time trying to use charcoal for a finished drawing. A lot of the lines don't look confident either. I'll try this again on the same type of paper with a little more confidence in myself and err...patience? I don't like how this one turned out at all.

currently working on some paintings
In your figures I can see that youre already know some things about the figure. In your first post you show a girl sitting, i really like her knees.
I think confidence only comes with mileage. The more faces youve drawn, the more confident your lines will be.
I think you should get more stuff to a finished level. Even more finished, than that last portrait. Its something that I have to do myself, so I know that it can be difficult when youre someone who actually likes to bring things down on paper fast...
Keep em coming! :-)

Nice to see all thios drawing man. You're on the right track here and all the work is paying off!

[Image: SCN_0198.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0192.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0193.jpg]

fin(poorly,learned a bit though so I need to follow up with a better portait).
[Image: SCN_0197.jpg]
[Image: SCN_0181.jpg][Image: SCN_0199+(2).jpg][Image: SCN_0201.jpg][Image: SCN_0200.jpg][Image: SCN_0202.jpg][Image: SCN_0203.jpg][Image: SCN_0204.jpg][Image: SCN_0205.jpg]

Get to paint multiple days these upcoming week. I so excited(even though I'm bad at it)