Bloodsports 5 - Spirited Away
It was hard choosing just one Miyazaki film, but I ended up settling on Spirited Away. I wanted to play off of the idea that things are terrifying for children along with the theme of growing up and becoming independent. Here's a little of what I've been working on and my current composition. I could use some fresh eyes on it: what works, what doesn't work, and why.

[Image: bs5_wip02.jpg]

[Image: bs5_wip01.jpg]

[Image: bs5_wip03.jpg]

Tommy Tallian - Portfolio
Number 1 and 3 say a lot more about the film than 2 so I'd go for either of those two. I like 3 but I think it's because you've put more values in it than the other, would like to see that one pushed more before you pick!

With 3 it'd be nice to see some of Kamaji's arms coming out like a spider, because that's his most interesting feature and they're almost hidden here. Same with the sludgey one, have him lean over more like he's trying to reach down to them. I think that'd help if you're going for the narrative of the terrified children, with the characters posed as if they're reaching down to get them.

Good work!
I like # 2 its gets a dream feel for me, just needs the dragon and girl in it somehow ? Maybe shes on the roof looking up at him wrapping around the night sky ? I like the use of the moon for the one spirits mask.

"When we first meet people we see shallows, there after fathoms"
Website
Livestream
Blog