Hi there~
Hi. My name is Victoria Dao. I'm almost done with college. I took the wrong path during my 5 years of college. It took me that long to figure out what I really wanted to do with my life. I knew I wanted to become an artist, but I had no clue where I was heading to. I went into graphic communication, but finally decided to switch major. I decided this isn't the type of field I wanted. I'm still unsure what I want to become, but I know I want to draw. I have so many personal project I want to create from illustration to animation even a graphic novel, so this is probably heading toward a freelancer type of job. I want to practice, so I can actually create them and figure out what kind of artist I am. I'm already participating in deviantART group to practice art, but hopefully with Crimson Daggers, it will motivate me twice as much.
Hello Victoria :D

Welcome to Crimson Daggers. Don't worry about the time spent in other things. Just focus on the present :)

Any art skill you learn in one medium will always carry over. Illustration, Comics & Animation can all be done in digital so get a Tablet. You will save certain things in the long run. :)
Also, Keep your Ideas, personal project labeled & organized so you can work on them later.

Well, I hope you have fun & enjoy your time here :)

(12-12-2013, 04:26 PM)Prabu Wrote: Hello Victoria :D

Welcome to Crimson Daggers. Don't worry about the time spent in other things. Just focus on the present :)

Any art skill you learn in one medium will always carry over. Illustration, Comics & Animation can all be done in digital so get a Tablet. You will save certain things in the long run. :)
Also, Keep your Ideas, personal project labeled & organized so you can work on them later.

Well, I hope you have fun & enjoy your time here :)

Thank you! Yes! I'm going to focus on what I can do now. Thank you for the encouragement. :]

I have a tablet, but I'm not used to it, so gotta keep practicing. Oh yes! I started keeping a sketchbook about my personal projects. Thanks for the tips.

Thanks again.

(12-12-2013, 09:51 PM)Jackal Wrote: Hey there & welcome!

That's my story haha :D Sometimes truth is cheesy but who cares: just follow your heart, work hard and never give up. Life is more rewarding that way. You've come to the right place :)

Cheers

Haha, awesome I'm not alone. I changed my major when I found out somebody else had the same feeling, which gave me courage to move forward. Yes, I agree with you, love what you do and work hard, and it will come out to be rewarding! Thanks for the welcome!