Poll: Is this a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES!
98.68%
75 98.68%
NO!
1.32%
1 1.32%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SEEKING A PARTNER read before posting
Th_113_
SEEKING A PARTNER

Ever feel like you're still working alone when it comes to studying, even with all of the livestreams? Need someone to be right there with you to help push you every morning? Need help planning out your daily schedule and actually getting it done? Need someone to critique your work when you need it? Well, by having a partnership with someone, you can help push each other to make those accomplishments.

Right now you might be sitting there in a livestream just watching or listening to the streamer paint, but you are just one out many. The streamer isn't really focused on any one individual person. The streams are more for the group activities such as bloodsport and listening to professionals come on and talk. When it comes to doing something as mundane as studies, you could use someone pushing you to wake up and getting them done.

I was thinking that maybe there could be two threads. One for finding a partner and one for posting the studies. You would post your contact information and schedule in the SEEKING A PARTNER thread. You might use a messenger such as AIM, MSN, SKYPE, etc... to meet up with your partner and discuss your plans for the day. When you finish your study session, you could post your work in the PARTNER DAILIES thread as proof that you actually did them. Your messenger account should be NEW. Why? So that you don't talk to anyone else besides your partner. When you finish your daily routine with your partner you can log off and go on with your day.

HOW TO FIND A PARTNER IN THE SEEKING A PARTNER THREAD?
Efb50fe2

Step 1: MAKE NEW POST IN SEEKING A PARTNER THREAD:
(So that people can find you)
Step 2: LEAVE A SMALL BIO:
(Just a small bio of who you are)
Step 3: LEAVE OR PM/EMAIL YOUR MESSENGER ACCOUNT INFO:
(A newly made messenger account of any kind)
Step 4: LEAVE SCHEDULE:
(Let people know your time zone, when you get up, and how many hours you have for studies)

After that, you can look through the posts and find someone you think suits your schedule and let them know you're down and give them your contact info. When you do find someone, put in the topic title CLOSE POST so I can close the post.

You can both be studying different things but let each other know what you will be doing and how long each of you are going to be in that session. At the end of the session show each other what you've managed to get done and make a new post for you and your partner in the PARTNER DAILIES thread.

PS. If you guys think this is a dumb idea I'll remove this, haha.
We're the eHarmony of art!

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
Step 5: Make out with partner.
I think it's a pretty dope idea. It works well enough for snipers.
yea this is a great idea.
I'm down with this, this is awsome.
This sounds really cool! :D However, I think the exchanging of messenger account information should perhaps be done privately, maybe after two artists partner up, not broadcasting messenger info beforehand and publicly. If the idea is to have a brand-new messenger account to not talk to anyone else besides your partner, nothing stops you from being spammed with invites from other people if your screen name is publicly posted where everyone can see it, which can be a huge annoyance.

[Image: 2c0cw8.jpg]
Click the banner for more info!

Crimson Guardians group work thread
yeah dennis this a great idea :)

DaveK, that's a good idea.

To make things clear, it's best if you and your partner are in contact and can message each other right away. Not to talk about events in your life, but to actually plan out the day and exchange with each other what it is you will be studying. It's good to have a messenger of some sort, so you know that your partner is actually online and working along side you and not slacking off. You gotta keep each other in line! A messenger is more personal and convenient than an email, but it's really up to you guys, haha. And like Davek said, it's better to PM or email each other your newly made messenger accounts.

The goal is to find someone to work with. Someone to kick your ass and make sure you show up to the sessions. Someone to motivate you to keep up with them and likewise. This is a team effort for both of you to become the best you can be, because it's easier to slack off if you're working by yourself. Know what I'm sayin?
I'm just hoping more of the people posting in THIS thread about how great an idea this is also start contacting the other people actually posting around looking for partners! A great idea in theory doesn't go very far if it doesn't get pulled off in practice ;)

1 on 1, partnering up is a good idea. I will be honest and disagree that groups are not a good idea.
Laura, I guess it's up to the partners involved and what they feel most comfortable with. If some of us want to group up and we feel most productive that way, I don't see why we can't or shouldn't be allowed to, especially if that's how we learn best. If you don't feel that works for you, then that's cool, but some of us do learn better in groups. The Crimson Guardians isn't the only group like this on the Crimson Daggers forum, either; The Royal Fellas has been around for much longer than we have been. We've been active for about a week or so, that's all.

Thanks for the reply. I was just being honest and voicing my view. I don't see problems with groups as long as people ensure that they're actively engaging all members and keeping them involved.

When people drop behind, if they had a partner then a little shove in the right direction can help to get them back on track. But if people drop behind in a group they can easily drop out as they don't get noticed as well as they would, had they a partner.
That's why one thing our group aims to do is to keep in contact, to make sure no one gets left out. At the same time, we try to keep things optional, so while we are encouraging and try our best to help people to feel motivated and confident we never pressure or force anyone to do anything they don't want to do.

There are some people who were in our group early on, but dropped out for any one of a number of different reasons. They never go unnoticed. That's one reason I exchange contact info with them and try to keep a group roster; if someone seems absent for a while I always try to contact them just to see if they are still interested, if something came up, etc.

That's the beauty of networking within a group; no one gets lost, so long as the planning and structure is done well enough.

Another benefit to groups is that if something DOES come up in a partners situation and one of the members can't participate for a while, then the other partner is left on their own, which can be a sucky situation to be in. In a group, if one person has to cancel on a study session, there will always be others in the group who can fill that spot, so a partner never has to feel like they've been ditched or left to struggle on their own. :)

Hey thats great!
Like more this idea than group study. It works as a group when the group is of friends, or people that are already naturally united. At least that is my opinion based on my experiences of group studies. I just wish everyone finds their best way to study.

For now, I might not join cause I dont have much time to study (I work from 8am to 10pm) and barely 1h for free per day, so, I dont wanna team up with someone and be the one that doesn't work out. lol

But as soon as I have a bit of more time, I'll be sure to create a thread to find someone :)

Good luck everyone! :D

"Is it possible for you to embrace uncertainty, and not demand that you should know what is going to happen to you in your life situation? "

:heart:

Deviantart ~~ Tumblr
Interesting Idea. Good.Th_100_
How does this work? Art has always been something I do alone, and people have different priorities, different strengths, and different needs. How do I have studies with other people?