Artur's sketchbook of PAINT MORE
What's up Daggers.
My name is Artur and I paint pictures. I'll be updating this place (hopefully) daily with whatever I'm up to currently, so it's going to be studies, sketches, wips, finished stuff... and everything else.

Alright, let's do this.

Study

Whoooa, nice! Maybe more "sparkle" highlight on his lips to match his forehead and cheeks, since lips are usually the moistest part on someone's face. Other than eyes. Unless he's ill. Put some more darker value in this beard too, see if you like that better.

Focus.
Thanks, meat. You're certainly right about lips being moisty but then again I didn't want it to compete too much with fp, so highlights are a bit muted there. :)

Today's study

[Image: 2omn7do.jpg]

Detail closeup

[Image: 4e9EbZf.jpg]

[Image: 6DPKxil.jpg]

[Image: J5Q7IRH.jpg]

[Image: j43AXW0.jpg]
[Image: MGzCGYV.jpg]

[Image: XusjPRn.jpg]

[Image: fqCe4pY.jpg]

Last pieces of 2013 I guess. :)

[Image: kVXLr6b.jpg]
[Image: A1P6PFd.jpg]

Hey man, good stuff in here.

Here is my opinion (just an opinion, not necessarily right or corect)

Your rendering is good, I like all the attention to details. The only issue is that a lot of your stuff feels very flat. Like that lion, it's rendered nicely and his fur looks good, but the head feels just a bit too much 2D, if that makes any sense. I'm not sure how you can solve this, but if I were you I'd focus more on proportions and basic values before adding color and details.

I really like that last helmet armor, I believe the simple dark vs light scheme you have helps it look more real.

Good luck!

Hey dracken, thanks for feedback, I'll try to pay more attention to that in the future. :)

Now, trying something different:

[Image: C0mhGWn.jpg]

[Image: POBgNb0.jpg]

Oh dude! Nice studies!
Especially liking the chic from Judge Dredd! Spot on with the likeness!

My only real crit is to try and study things from life as well as photographs. I see you're killing it with the photo studies, but observing from life trumps anything a photo can capture. This is really the key to bringing out structure in your pieces, :)

Also, would love to see more application of the portrait studies! That'd be awesome - but hey, it's up to you ~

Keep drilling Artur!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Thanks smrrfette!

Brushing up traditional skills with live charcoal portait :)

[Image: 3aY48Ql.jpg]

Cool! The way you turn forms and play with light is the strongest aspect I'm seeing right now.

If I could offer any advice it's to maintain the study of fundamentals. Your eye is developed, and your techniques have advanced, but I'm missing some informed Values, Construction (anatomically), and Composition.

Once you bring up those categories you'll be even more dangerous.

I'll be checking back :].

||SKETCHBOOK||. Bomb
Youtube Channel (Process, Tips on how to get work, etc...)
Thank you Einver! You're certainly right about the need to constantly work on fundamentals. :)

Not much of an update, random stuff, color comp practice, some saddle studies for an upcoming piece etc.

[Image: v9i4CeI.jpg]
[Image: RVFKNft.jpg]
[Image: oYDJxMF.jpg]
[Image: FefKcBR.jpg]

Foliage studies

[Image: zj84QfG.jpg]

[Image: NNY9tPa.jpg]

I've been doing lots of traditional drawing lately and it's mostly A3 or larger, so won't fit in my scanner. Hence no updates. :)

Anyway, did this too

[Image: t9cGQ7k.jpg]