Kremena's sketchbook
Hey, here's today's study from photo ref. -water ( 2.5 h.) , 'll do more next days , cause that doesn't look much like water : ) . I would like to do more now, but i've got exams to study for :) , so i won't be as active as i want for next month:) I'll try to post at least 1 study a day :)
1 h , just for fun :)
I've decided to start the 30 Days of Art Improvement Challenge .
So Thats a portrait of me done for 1h.30 min
Day 1 !Self-Portrait - Introduce yourself
Well,I haven't updated my sketchbook from a long time. But from now on i'll be here,almost everyday . I finished univercity ( kinda,still got a diplom project to work on ) , so now i'll have more time to spend on art stuff .Wanted to say , i'll be working really hard to improve my art skills , from this day on... Here are my latest drawings/scetches ->

good start of your sketchbook!
i can see you have skills, just need to keep practicing and study :)
are you doing, or did, any art related school?
the water study is very good, you got the hand anatomy right and yes, water is difficult..
the last two anatomy studies are also very good, you just loose details and probably focus when it comes to hands and feet, understandable since those are the most difficult bits in human anatomy, lots of small parts and joints to consider, but it's just a matter of practice.
so keep posting, want to see more :)

Nice studies in here so far ;] I'd say don't go crazy wit ha round hard brush, try something more like chalk, but that might just be me, I love brushes I can blend with. Could try go more simple with anatomy by just picking some parts of the body, but studies like that sure are good to do. Keep it up!

Hey,thanks for the kind words ! I really need to practice more anatomy and i've started the Loomis books ,I hope to see progress soon. :)
I 'haven't been to art school , I studied history in school and now I 'm last year in university with landscape architecture ,which turned out to be not so art-related as I thought ,so I'm focusing on painting which has been my hobby through all these years ...I guess I should have made that decision earlier :) :) :)

(02-19-2014, 04:34 AM)raz Wrote: Nice studies in here so far ;] I'd say don't go crazy wit ha round hard brush, try something more like chalk, but that might just be me, I love brushes I can blend with. Could try go more simple with anatomy by just picking some parts of the body, but studies like that sure are good to do. Keep it up!

You're absolutely right ! about the hard brush , I guess I 'm still in research for my brushes :), And I need to find a way to organize them better to be more comfortable and understandable for me what to use :) . I started the Loomis books I'm on hands now ,so I guess I followed you advice and hope to see results soon :)

That's something I did mostly for fun , but I can say it was kinda study too . My favourite singer Sharon den Adel from her latest video

Another study I did on Shishkin's painting
hand studies -andrew loomis' books ;)

First try drawing concept for medieval houses :)
3h life study